Under the general direction of the Dean of Student Services, the Associate Dean of Student Services administers and provides leadership to student services operations for the college, i.e., advising and transition and student leadership and engagement.
- Interviews, recommends for hire, supervises, evaluates performance and provides professional development for staff in the Student Services Division.
- Provides vision and leadership toward a seamless advising and transition process for new, current, traditional, non- traditional and special interest students.
- Coordinates and adapts procedures to ensure that prospective and current students receive timely and exemplary service from entry through transfer.
- Oversees and manages the offices of Admissions, Advising, Transfer, Career Placement, Testing, Student Activities, Veteran’s Affairs, Student Discipline, and other areas at the discretion of the Dean and College President.
- Ensures that all policies and procedures are documented and communicated to affected parties. Serves as the College’s Title IX representative to ensure compliance with all rules and regulations related to student services.
- Provides oversight to any grants funding student services.Ensures that grants are expended properly and that requiredreporting is done on a timely basis.
- Collaboratively participates in the registration process to ensure service excellence, especially at peak registration periods.
- Serves as a liaison between Instruction and Student Services to ensure co-curricular activities to develop student leadership & engagement.
- Directs all student service-related retention efforts for the college. Serve as campus liaison to CCC district–wide retention initiatives, articulating and implementing districtwide and campus specific mission, vision, values and strategic goals for student development and retention. Collaborates with managers responsible for instructional retention efforts to ensure consistency in retention efforts.
- Participates in divisional, institutional, state, regional and national committees to develop and advance institutional retention efforts.
- Serves as a liaison between the Instructional and Student Services offices to ensure that student academic advising is enhanced by a strong collaboration between faculty and College Advisors.
- Pays attention to detail in all aspects of each assignment to ensure accuracy of information and reports.
- Manages and resolves complex student conflict, builds collaborative relationships with other institutional departments to develop a student-centered support process, up to and including discipline when necessary. Focuses institutional efforts to create a student centered approach to all areas of student services.
- Serves as a lead Student Services administrator in the absence of the Dean - Student Services.
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree plus 15 hours in related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years administrative experience in multiple areas of student services: academic advising, admissions, and evaluation of student activities, programs and services.
- Experience in evaluating effectiveness of functional areas related to student services.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and multiculturalism in one’s work experience.
- Experience in union setting preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to create support systems that fosters student success and development.
- Demonstrated experience in handling student relation issues.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations governing student confidentiality and other student related issues.MAL0001160