The Associate Dean, Student Learning, is responsible for the direct management of the Center for Academic Success (CAS) and the SIMCARE Center. The Associate Dean provides leadership to ensure effective collaboration to achieve positive student outcomes.
- Works with Academics to ensure all areas of the Student Experience align with curricula to obtain the highest levels of student achievement and satisfaction.
- Works collaboratively with the Simulation Operations Specialists to ensure the labs are properly maintained and meet Chamberlain standards regarding level and type of equipment.
- Prepares capital requests for the CAS and SIMCARE Center as needed.
- Participates in the recruitment, selection and onboarding of qualified staff and monitors their performance
- Develops and Implements appropriate CAS programs and monitors student success.
- Monitors effectiveness of CAS and SIMCARE Center and implements action plans to support ongoing student success.
- Works with national library staff to ensure holdings supportcurriculum; all holdings are reviewed and vetted through national library committee.
- Responsible for ensuring theory, clinical and lab schedules accommodate student needs
- This position may be required to carry a small course load.
- Writes quarterly and annual reports detailing the challenges and accomplishments of the CAS and SIMCARE Center and provides recommendations for addressing any deficit areas.
- Analyzes student academic data and makes recommendations
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- MSN required; doctorate preferred
- Professional nurse licensure required.
- Minimum three years’ experience in a leadership role within an academic environment
- Previous experience as a nurse educator preferred.
- Three to Five years’ strong clinical experience in acute patient care and/or medical-surgical nursing and/or emergency or trauma condition as well as excellent knowledge and understanding of human pathophysiology.
- Experience with human patient simulators
- Experienced with the supervision and management of direct reports within a department.
- Above average competency in Microsoft Suite of products.
- Experienced with database administration – MS Access knowledge considered a plus.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels: student, faculty and staff. Strong customer service orientation.
- Must be familiar with and comfortable working within a matrix management system.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
Who We Are
Chamberlain College of Nursing is a rapidly-expanding college rich with opportunities for growth and offering competitive wages and benefits. If you enjoy being a part of an exciting team and working in a collaborative, dynamic environment, then Chamberlain College of Nursing might be right for you.