pecific Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide overall strategic leadership for development and alumni relations.
- Develop and execute effective strategies as required to obtain and maintain philanthropic support for the School’s priorities while continuing the growth of private funding from individuals, alumni, corporations and foundations.
- Lead the evaluation, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of significant prospects and donors.
- Manage a staff of professional fundraisers and support personnel in annual work-planning and goal-setting process; implementation evaluate progress accordingly.
- Manage and oversee all alumni relations activities. Coordinate, as appropriate, with the University’s alumni relations program to develop and implement an outreach strategy to engage and involve constituents in supporting the school.
- Participate actively as a member of the JHSON’s leadership team and be engaged in strategic activities and school events
- Lead fundraising for strategic priorities and ensure fiscal goals and priorities are achieved.
- In collaboration with the Dean, establish future campaign priorities and budgets – both school specific and collaborative efforts with other divisions of JHU.
- Manage the conclusion of JHSON’s capital campaign,
- Lead efforts to identify and develop prospect pipeline, engaging academic leaders and key volunteers in the process.
- Develop campaign themes, outreach and communications strategies.
- Manage a portfolio of more than 50 major and principal gift prospects.
- Oversee and manage a robust and effective stewardship plan for JHSON including strategic communications and outreach and developing high-quality reports and hosting donor-centered stewardship events.
- Actively participate in the School’s leadership team led by the Dean. Work closely with the Dean to develop private support and priorities for the School.
- Manage a reporting system of development based metrics that align with the JHSON 2020-2025 Strategic Plan.
- Maintain and expand engagement of corporations and foundations and support the JHSON faculty in outreach and applications for grants within this sector.
Bachelor’s degree is required. Advanced degree and experience in higher education strongly preferred. The ideal candidate will have seven plus years of progressively responsible fundraising experience; be able to understand and articulate academic values/goals; and work collaboratively with academic leadership, students, alumni, and volunteer leadership. Also, should be able to establish objectives; set performance standards; organize and motivate staff to achieve fundraising and alumni relations goals; have a strong track record of successfully closing major- and principal-level gifts; and engage in academic and strategic planning at all levels of the organization.