Our office located in Lincoln, RI is seeking a Data Warehouse Specialist. This position is responsible for the design, implementation and support of corporate data analytics activities. Responsibilities include supporting the IT data warehouse development team with the design, implementation and support of data warehouse and analytics solutions.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement data extraction and integration procedures from insurance systems such as Policy Administration, Claims, Billing or HR to support data warehouse and analytics solutions
• Responsible for assisting in developing and maintaining the integrity of the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
• Responsible for developing scalable and comprehensive enterprise analytics solutions including extraction of data from multiple sources, transforming data according to business rules and loading data into operational and presentation models.
• Responsible for the design, implementation and support of data warehouse and data mart structures. Verify the structure, accuracy and quality of warehouse data. Map data between source systems, data warehouse repositories and data marts.
• Responsible to support daily operations, monitor performance, debug issues and fine-tune data processes to optimize performance on an on-going basis.
• Responsible for supporting continuous improvement efforts to enhance performance and provide increased analytics and business intelligence capabilities.
• A Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 4 years' experience in Data Analytics, Data Warehouse, and Data Modeling with experience in supporting scalable and comprehensive enterprise data solutions or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
• Experience in data migration, modernization, or Data Warehousing projects
• Strong SQL knowledge working with complex queries and stored procedures
• Experience with relational databases such as DB2, Teradata, and SQL Server. As well as NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB.
• Capability to understand requirements and convert to design.
• Experience with ETL data integration tools; expertise in constructing data architectures, data marts and data stores.
• Experience with Teradata concepts and architecture. Knowledge of BTEQ is a plus.
• An understanding of relational/dimensional data structures and Big Data concepts
• An understanding of SAS, MicroStrategy or equivalent reporting toolset.
• Ability to exercise discretion and good judgement in decision-making and handle confidential and sensitive data.
• Knowledge of logical and physical data modeling concepts, hands-on development of attributes, facts, dimensions, transformations,
• Strong interpersonal skills to communicate with product owners and translate business requirements into specifications required to develop data store/data warehouse/ data mart design and configuration.
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment, while also managing multiple priorities.
• Knowledge of software development life cycle and agile methodologies is a plus.
• Paid vacation, holidays and sick days
• Generous leave programs, including paid parental bonding leave
• Medical, dental, vision coverage, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance
• Generous employer contribution to 401(k) retirement plan and pension plan
• Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing company
Equal Opportunity Policy: All qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the United States will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability or sexual orientation. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are 40 years of age or older. Employees are subject to the provisions of the Workers' Compensation Act.