Infosys – Analytics – Senior Associate - Data Scientist – US
Are you looking for a change? Do you want to collaborate with some of the best talent in the industry? Are you ready to join a company whose passion is to really make a difference to enterprises, the community and the world? Then you are the one that we are looking for to be part of our growing team.
Infosys is a global leader in technology services and consulting. We enable clients in more than 50 countries to create and execute strategies for their digital transformation. From engineering to application development, knowledge management and business process management, we help our clients find the right problems to solve, and to solve these effectively. Our team of 190,000+ innovators, across the globe, is differentiated by the imagination, knowledge and experience, across industries and technologies that we bring to every project we undertake.
Wanted: Global Innovators To Help Us Build Tomorrow’s Enterprise
In the role of Senior Associate - Data Scientist you will be responsible for developing statistical and machine learning algorithms. Your role will combine a judicious and tactful blend of mathematical rigor, scalable software design and business acumen so your insights not only enlighten the clients but also pave the way for launching deeper into future analysis. You will advise clients and internal teams through short burst high-impact engagements on suitable approaches and techniques pertaining to learning and technology. You will effectively communicate data-derived insights to non-technical audiences appropriately and mentor junior or aspiring data scientists. You will play a key role in building components of a framework or product while addressing practical business problems. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued.
Multiple locations for this position across USA. 100% travel might be required. U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent required from an accredited institution. Will also consider three years of progressive experience in the specialty in lieu of every year of education.
- At least 4 years of experience in Information Technology.
· MS or PhD in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering or Physics
· 4+ years applied experience devising, deploying and servicing statistical and machine learning models on massive datasets; extensive experience in wrangling data from its raw forms to a state suitable for application of advanced algorithms
· Fluent in using R, SAS, Matlab, Python or equivalent statistical analysis software
· Knowledge of Perl, Python or Ruby; experience with Java, C or C++
· Experience with Apache Spark and Scala
· Knowledge of Cloudera or Julia for statistical learning and optimization algorithms
· Hands-on experience with NoSQL techniques such as MongoDB, Neo4j etc.
· Deep background in at least one of the following: Statistical learning, Machine learning, Stochastic simulation, Natural Language Processing, Numerical Optimization, Agent-based modeling, Parallel programming, Computational Economics, High-Performance Computing
· Enjoy designing, develop and deploy state of the art, data-driven predictive models; adept in quick starting optimization options to solve business problems using latest technologies in data mining, statistical modeling, pattern recognition, and optimization across the chosen industry and functional area WITHIN the guidelines, policies and norms of Infosys. Build mathematical models to analyze and derive practical insight from large volumes of data
· Define new business metrics as required and build measurement systems as needed
· Advise clients & internal teams on the right technology environment, analytic platforms and approaches to take in addressing complex, open-ended business problems.
· Own the development of at least one IP asset (analytic point solutions / prototypes / products) that meet such opportunities
· The job entails sitting as well as working at a computer for extended periods of time. Should be able to communicate by telephone, email or face to face. Travel may be required as per the job requirements.