Amherst is hiring for an Associate Data Scientist to help maintain and enhance our best in class repository of property, mortgage loan, and fixed income securities data and analytics. This platform drives the market-leading performance of a diverse portfolio of real estate finance businesses.
Amherst is a leading real estate investment and advisory firm with a long track record in making our clients smarter through data-driven solutions for investing, trading and analysis. Over our firm’s 20 year history, we have accumulated the most robust real estate data set in the world. Paired with our proprietary technology and analytic capabilities, we synthesize and battle-test our data to deliver strategic advantages to our clients in the form of actionable investment recommendations based on solid fundamentals and relative value analysis.
- Develop and maintain high quality datasets tuned to our analytical requirements
- Work with our team of researchers to identify and analyze investment opportunities in the real estate and fixed income securities markets
- Provide analytics expertise and guidance to ensure robust and efficient analytical capabilities and solutions
- Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, statistics, finance, or a quantitative social science
- Excellent SQL skills and developing complex efficient queries and working with large datasets (hundreds of millions or billions of records)
- Command of object oriented programming languages (e.g. C++, C#, Java)
- Expertise in at least one scriptinglanguage (e.g. Python, Perl, PowerShell, etc.)
- Strong puzzle solving skills
- Must be an intellectually curious self-starter and motivated to continually learn
- Proactive, hard-working team player with excellent communication skills
Experience with any of the below is a plus:
- Experience in the investment banking or fixed income securities markets, especially a background in quantitative model development
- Strong knowledge of statistics, including hands-on experience with SAS, R, or Matlab
- Experience with version control (e.g. TFS, SVN or Git) and build tools
We are located in a modern spacious office with breathtaking views of Lake Austin and the 360 Bridge in the rolling hills of Northwest Austin. In addition to continued professional development, we also offer excellent salaries, annual bonuses, a comprehensive benefits package, and catered lunches daily!