As an Associate Data Engineer, you will participate in the new development, enhancements and maintenance of Enterprise Data Products data solution using claim and other clinical data sets for the Platform Engineering team.
This role requires a good understanding of the healthcare data, the capability to provide high quality codes for high complexity projects and deliver effective communication with all levels of internal customers and staff.
- We are looking for a data scientist who is eager to tackle the challenges of extracting insights from vast amounts of EHR data originating from multiple sources.
- You will work with a diverse set of Optum researchers, clinicians, internal and external clients to define the projects and see them through to completion that cover a range of clinical focus.
- You would be participating in the development of our end-to-end NLP pipeline, building descriptive and predictive analytics and producing research validations.
- Specifically, as a member of our collaborative team you will be working with structured and unstructured data to explore the data, develop models, and performing research analytics.
- You will have the opportunity to work with open-source distributed data processing frameworks, such as Apache Spark and build scalable machine learning applications and deploy them in production
- The right candidate will have strong prioritization skills, ability to manage ad hoc requests in parallel with ongoing projects
If you have the experience, curiosity and entrepreneurial spirit to tackle these challenges, we want to talk to you. You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in data science or information technology or equivalent years of data science experience
- 3+ years of experience working in cloud environments like AWS and GCP.
- 3+ years of developing complex SQLs.
- 2+ years hands on development with Python
- 2+ years of hands on experience with Google Big Query (such as Data Fusion, Data Flow, Composer, Data Catalog)
- 1+ years of experience in applications systems analysis and/or development and/or support.
- 2+ year of experience working in ETL data pipeline and automation using tools like Talend, airflow, SSIS, etc.
- Ability to create detailed technical design specifications and documentations.
- Ability to effective communications with all levels of internal and external customers and staff, including issue resolution, negotiation of project related priorities, and completion dates.
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location.
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas, In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- 2+ years of experience working in a healthcare environment
- Preferred Google Cloud Data Science Certification