We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Do you want to be part of a Data Warehouse team managing over 120 terabytes of data and building the next generation analytics platform for a leading financial firm with over $2.7 trillion in assets under management? At Schwab, the Global Data Technology (GDT) organization governs the strategy and implementation of the enterprise data warehouse and emerging data platforms. We help Marketing, Finance and executive leadership make fact-based decisions by integrating and analyzing data.
We are looking for a Data Engineer who has passion for data and comes with data warehousing background. Someone who has experience in designing and coding batch as well as real time ETL(and ELT) and one who wants to be part of a team that is actively designing and implementing the Enterprise Data warehouse solution. Someone who wants to be challenged every day and has passion to keep up to date on new technologies in the Data Engineering space, set new standards and collaborate with the team members along the way.
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain Data ETL pipelines using Big datatechnologies.
- Developing and executing quality assurance and test scripts
- Exploring tools and technologies in the evolving Data Engineering Space.
- Work with business analysts to understand business requirements and use cases
What you have:
- 0-2years of experience in a Data engineering team building Data pipelines.
- Hands on experience with programming language Java/Python/Scala
- Hands on SQL experience
- Familiarity with Hadoop framework
- Analytical thinking and excellent communication skills
- Team player
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life