Rabobank N.A. is an award-winning, full-service bank serving California communities grounded in agriculture. With more than $14 billion in assets, Rabobank provides a wide range of financial products and services for individual, business, and food and agribusiness customers. Multi-function ATMs at approximately 100 branches, and online and mobilebanking resources empower Californians to bank when, where and how they want. Committed to service, Rabobank’s more than 1,500 employees take pride in improving their communities personally and professionally. Rabobank N.A. is a nationally chartered bank, FDIC member and equal opportunity lender.
Rabobank, N.A. has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Credit Officer located in Fresno or any bank location within the California footprint! The Associate Credit Officer (ARCO) provides credit approvals on a limited basis in assigned region(s) for business loans that are not credit scored. The ARCO achieves this by exercising direct authority within approval limits as delegated by Senior Credit Officer and assists Credit Officers within the CO’s designated area. This function may be further specialized between agricultural, C&I and CRE lending.
Responsibilities will include and are not limited to the following:
- Review of Credit Application:
- Ensures requests are underwritten soundly, in conformity with Credit Policy and Procedures.
- Approves requests within delegated authority.
- Recommends approval of credit requests exceeding authority to designated CO.
- Recommends decline to designated CO/SCO.
- Communicates crisply and timely to parties affected by the decision.
- Records decisions in tracking platform.
- Assists Credit Officer in the oversight of the assigned loanportfolio:
- Assesses the integrity and accuracy of the loan grades (LQC, IFRS), and other monitoring metrics (BIS II, LEA).
- Promptly identify declines in credit quality to bring proper corrective action and to minimize loss potential.
- Provides guidance to the account managers for the purpose of managing the portfolio.
- Is a party with the CO in discussions involving the credit portfolios of their respective regions.
- Works effectively and cooperatively with Relationship Managers, Analysts, loan compliance/review functions, various credit committees and other credit colleagues in achieving goals. Demonstrates teamwork and facilitates communication and work flow, including creative and pragmatic solutions to credit challenges.
- Advises credit and loan staff on the impact of bank credit policy and portfolio trends current relationships as well as requests pending from prospects.
- Answers simple questions of loan documentation staff as to appropriate documentation, covenants, etc. for approved requests.
- Performs all other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance with 7 years experience as an Financial Analyst or commercial credit underwriter.
- Must possess a background in loan underwriting, portfolio management and written/oral communication skills, and management experience.
- Extensive expertise in detailed financial and collateral analysis of the most complicated, sophisticated, and complex business requests.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.
- Possess excellent human relations, communications and business writing skills. Possess effective time management and organizational skills.
- Able to cope with pressure resulting from meeting requireddeadlines and reporting requirements.
- Demonstrate teamwork in facilitating workflow.
- High level of cooperation with others and responsive to the Bank’s needs.
- Exemplary motivation, enthusiasm, and professionalism. High level of accuracy and great attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to make and support sound decisions.
- Consistently demonstrate tact, discretion and good judgment.
- Exhibit high degree of professionalism and confidentiality in handling and having access to sensitive customer or employee information.