We are committed to creating experiences and designing amazing work that delights and inspires. We are looking for a seasoned Associate Creative Director, Visual, who can imagine and create those experiences. You will be a leader among a team of designers, technologists, producers, and project managers who are obsessed with creating amazing work.
As one of our creative leaders, you’ll use your 8+ years of experience in the field to manage and strengthen our internal and client relationships, while concepting and developing the creative work. You will work with the creative director to concept strategies that solve big business challenges, and be responsible for creating original and compelling creative. You will pitch and present the creative thinking with confidence. You will possess quick, clear thinking, being able to solve problems on the spot. You will understand client needs and their business objectives, knowing when to stay in the lines, and when to push the boundaries. We favor sophisticated, brave people and ideas.
Butchershop™ is an independent, award-winning creative agency specialized in deep discovery, brand strategy, culture, design, content and digitalexperiences. We help companies change trajectories, invent new ideas, evolve and grow up. We believe every company has two audiences — their internal culture and external customer. We find ways to help companies create thoughtful and desired brand experiences.
You are an incredible designer and art director and always tie the creative work back to the big idea capturing the business opportunities and goals. You are a strategic thinker who can take concepts and see them through to get work made. You always make sure the message sent is the message received.
You are poised and have great situational IQ. You have a special ability to know just what to say, and exactly when to say it. You are a fantastic communicator who understands communicating also means listening. As a leader, you transcend aesthetics and use your sharp business acumen to validate and inspire your creative. You concept and shape the visual language, brand narrative, and user experience every step of the way. You know how to turn fear and uncertainty into exciting confidence. You thrive in a flexible, ever-changing environment and are not only open to new approaches, but you test and embrace them. You are diplomatic. You like people. And you know how to connect on an individual level — with clients and our team.
You are also a meticulous planner who is able to improvise when detours arise. You are a team player, understanding team interaction and roles of team members. Ultimately, you are optimistic and always see the opportunity and value in any challenge. Your attitude, resilience, and focus are an inspiration to others.
- Exceptional communication skills: verbal, written, and interpersonal
- Ability to lead and manage client and team relationships
- Must possess a strong point of view with the ability to contribute to the strategic development and the ability to mobilize a team
- Experience leading, directing, and managing a group of cross-disciplinary teams
- Ability to produce decks that translate complex problems into elegant and simple solutions
- Ability to direct, manage, and collaborate with outside vendors: directors, photographers, production companies, etc.
- A minimum of 8years experience in the creative industry with at least 4 years agency experience
- Art direction & design: Advertising, digitaldesign, and graphic design
- User experience: Information architecture, interaction design, content strategy
- Film: Motion graphics, animation, 3D, editing, directing
- Creative development: Digitaldesign; front-end development in Flash, HTML, CSS, or other front-end development technologies
- Writing: You can write and pitch ideas