The Associate Creative Director will be responsible for managing a team within the Creative Services (CS) Department and relevant workloads. Reports will be both local and remote serving the purpose of processing all in-house creative, design and production needs within a timely manner and meeting department quality standards. Responsible for design, production, and pre-press of creative materials executed for print collateral, interactive/digital tools, and presentations leading to high levels of client satisfaction and achievement of department and Company objectives.
Location: Yardley, office based
· Associate Creative Director is accountable for balancing multiple deliverables while overseeing several design projects at one time, creating timelines, guiding design direction of assigned brands/projects, ensuring all deadlines are met, confirming clients are satisfied with the results and troubleshooting any issues that may arise.
· Development of layouts, mockups and prototypes to illustrate design idea to other members of the team, management and/or direct to client.
· Demonstrated in user-centered experience design and digital design (mobile + desktop apps; content and landing pages)
· Clinical Trial brand development experience, with ability to produce relevant concepts with self-driven research of a condition or illness a clinical trial is aiming to treat/observe.
· Meet with internal or external clients to understand needs, determine specifications, and coordinate planning. Attends kick-offs, discoveries, and regularly scheduled status meetings.
· Assist department leads with development of internal growth strategies, identification of new business opportunities and actively participate in new business pitches when possible
· Development of video storyboards and native graphic keyframes
· Develop slide templates and graphic solutions for educational slide kits (PowerPoint); formats slide decks withprecision and consistency.
· Partner with client services to establish timelines, schedules, scopes and budgets, encourage adherence
· Reviews illustrative material and confers with managing editor, strategic content, client or individual responsible for presentation regarding budget, background information, objectives, presentation approaches, styles, techniques, and related production factors.
· Reviews, approves, and presents final layouts to client or department head for approval.
Proven experience in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, creative environment fully developing a variety of creative projects from conception to production, including:
· Print Materials: Development of a wide assortment of standard and custom print collateral, including brochures, housing units, folders, flashcards, postcards, booklets, various conference support materials.
· Dynamic Interactive PDFs: Design, layout and insert hyperlinks within an Interactive PDF while utilizing various style sheets including character and paragraph styles.
· Pre-Press procedures and Dieline development: Strong and demonstrable knowledge of InDesign, pre-press file preparation, typesetting, style sheets, and ability to develop unique functional dielines for a variety of tools.
· PowerPoint Template: Create slide templates and graphic solutions for informative/educational slide kits; format slide decks with precision and consistency.
· Website / Digital: Design digital projects and tools, with guidance from Creative Director and Digital Team (developers) for a variety of executions, including: responsive website design, emails, banner ads.
· Data visualization: Identifying medical content and opportunities for transforming information into relevant and accurate infographics, charts or figures.
· Creative Brief: Review details of provided Creative Brief to ensure creative developed is aligned to the vision of the client and Account team.
· Creative consistency: Maintain client brand consistency throughout all complementing projects while aligning toestablished brand guidelines. Adherence and accountability for internal quality control checks to minimize design-initiated alterations.
· Supports Creative Services Managers, as well as assists Production Team, for high-volume of assigned projects.
· Ability to multi-task and work effectively in cross-functional teams, utilizing strong communication and problem-solving in order to meet tight schedules.
· Assess all graphics/photos etc. (client and/or division supplied) for quality and optimal reproduction on press; while also communicating your assessments to the team or client.
· Design follow-through: Participate in design critiques; stay abreast of creative, pharmaceutical and healthcare marketing trends.
· Utilization and timely completion for administrative items: such as our Project Management Platform, timereporting system, training sessions, and annual reviews
· Recognize, exemplify and adhere to ICON's values which center around our commitment to Partnership, Collaboration, Accountability & Delivery, and Integrity.
· Some evening and weekend work required.
Education, Experience & Skills
· Proven work experience as an Associate Creative Director or similar role
· 7+ years industry experience
· 5+ years of experience in an agency setting
· Portfolio of completed design projects showcasing initial conceptualization through finished product
· Expert working knowledge with industry standard programs like Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat
· Ability to use or learn any other software or system necessary for fulfilling the requirements of this position.
· Common working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word applications.
ICON is an equal opportunity employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans and committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment. #LI-AA1