Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for an Associate Creative Director, Design.
As an ACD, Design you’ll be joining a dedicated creative team of designers, developers, copywriter and creators who are all passionate about helping creators get paid for their art. In your role you’ll be leading a team of talented designers working on everything from website landing pages to social media content. You love the visual arts to its core and are hungry to explore new ways of solving problems using your canvass. You’re just as comfortable talking typography as TikTok and always push your team to produce the best work of their career.
If you’re up for the challenge and ready to produce some great content- let’s talk!
What you’ll do:
- Create and lead the creation of brand campaigns and tactics - from ideation through production
- Craft art direction for photo and video shoots, with an eye towards compelling, conceptually-driven visuals rooted in brand thinking
- Act as lead on multiple projects, adapting visual style and tone based on audience, channel, channel
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary internal teams and external vendors
- Develop and oversee the art direction and design language for everything from campaign identity to video, to photography, social assets, and physical collateral
- Mentor and oversee more junior creative team members to ensure their work is consistently high quality
Traits and experience you possess:
- 7-10 years of experience leading design teams and working across digital, traditional media, and brand
- Strong portfolio showcasing successful campaign work for a range of audiences, channels, and industries
- Strategically-minded and able to brainstorm, develop and execute big campaign concepts and the tactics that support them
- Impeccable visual eye with good taste and design sensibility
- Ability to create breakthrough work with budgets both big and small
- Highly conceptual thinker with the ability to inspire
- A cultural voraciousness that keeps you on the pulse of emerging technology, art forms, and entertainment
- Highly collaborative, organized, and kind with a desire to think differently about what advertising can be