Associate Creative Director Brand Creative
Ideates strategic design solutions specifically in regards to both Crackle original and acquired properties- is a great storyteller. Ideate branding initiatives for Sony Global Marketing that includes servicing global networks. Ideate design solutions for US Networks: GetTV, Sony Cine and Sony Movie Channel. In addition, ACD must be able to work as a team member, but also be a resourceful self-starter and leader and manage multiple teams. Must be an effective liason between various groups within Sony Pictures Entertainment as well as external agencies and vendors. Must exhibit strong leadership skills and the ability to see projects from concept through execution unsupervised. ACD should exhibit strong business acumen and impeccable presentation skills. Must have the ability and focus to mentor all designers and creative staff. Proficient working knowledge of Abobe Creative Suite required. Excellent photoshop, illustration, typography, AE and compositing skills required, C4D a plus. Proficient knowledge of various social platforms preferred. Is able to take and give creative direction and relishes collaboration and growth. Required to meet budgets and quick turnaround deadlines. Agency experience is a plus.
ACD is a great communicator and is punctual. He/she maintains an efficient workflow and process and promptly communicates any issues regarding design, production, operations to management. Manages assets and archives projects accordingly and understands delivery. Is adept at people management and exhibits executive presence.
Exhibit willingness to take on responsibilities outside of his/her job description and has the ability to respond to business demands in a fast-paced environment. Maintain familiarity with current culture and design trends, social platforms and the relevance of fast and slow trends.
- Exhibits an innate sense of curiosity. Brings a sense of passion and positive energy and inspires others to create in a safe environment. Has the ability to iterate ideas quickly and efficiently. Has an entrepreneurial spirit.
Work Experience Requirements
• Experience in a creative leadership role in an agency environment
• Lead in the concepting and creation of integrated campaigns across multiple platforms
• Oversees the organization, management, staffing, and career development for a department of minimum 16 staff and temp employees
• Supervises all on-air creative and off-air branded promotional video for networks and other groups as assigned including a wide range of materials from and not limited to on-air promotion, trailers, EPK, sizzle reels, radio advertising, development and the production of Crackle Upfront, stunts, show packaging, etc.
• A strong working knowledge of the fundamentals—interaction design, brand development, digital marketing and the creative process—as well as new social platforms and technologies a plus
• Strong ability to provide clear creative direction and provide timely and helpful feedback to improve creative processes to keep work on budget and schedule
• Strong script writing, editorial capabilities
• Proven leadership skills with ability to inspire and mentor team members
• Excellent communication and presentation skills and abilities at all levels
• Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short and long term need
• Extensive knowledge of freelance and vendor community a plus
Minimum Experience Requirements
- 7-10 years in design and production (broadcast, digital, print).
- Strong proficiency using Adobe CC, AE, C4D, Premiere, PowerPoint, Keynote a plus.
- Working knowledge of Maya, Avid, Nuke, Houdini, Live action, etc. a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple teams and projects from concept through execution.
- Passionate about original, acquired and library content and global branding initiatives, experiential.
- Ability to work flexible hours in order to attain the highest standard of creative excellence.
- Experienced in launching networks and original programming, graphics packages, social content creation.
- Strong knowledge of social platforms and interest in new technology.
BFA, BA (Graphic Design or Film)
Creativity, Leadership, Ability to think strategically, Innovation, Teamwork, Global Awareness of
the Entertainment Industry, Ability to Multi-Task, Communication skills, Time management