Brief Description :
Responsible for providing legal counsel to business clients and handles various legal matters, projects, and negotiations with specialized knowledge of one or more legal practice areas, including business litigation, commercial law and sales, merger and acquisitions, employment law, and securities and financing. Under general supervision, drafts and reviews legal documents and agreements, identifies and analyzes legal issues, presents clear recommendations, and assists with legal compliance initiatives to accomplish business objectives.
· Responsible for handling variety of legal matters and projects under general direction.
· Responsible for participating on project teams and cross-functional groups.
· Provides practical and actionable advice to management regarding legal matters.
· Negotiates, drafts, and reviews legal documents and agreements to accomplish business objectives.
Responsible for assisting with compliance initiatives, including training and providing on-going advice to business clients.
In a law firm, preferably a national or major regional firm, or in-house department, preferably for a large corporation - 2 years required; 4 years preferred
Attorney with subject matter experience in one or more practice areas, including business litigation, commercial law and sales, merger and acquisitions, employment law, and securities and financing - 2 years required
Legal document drafting, review, and negotiations - 2 years required
PA bar license required
Excellent academic credentials required
Strong negotiation skills
Excellent written and oral communication skills, including drafting complex legal contracts and documents.
Responsible, accountable, client-focused person who showcases department well (e.g., responsive, knowledgeable, professional, timely) and integrates well into organization
Good business acumen, and provides creative and practical solutions to problems
Adept at communicating in layman's terms and delivering alternatives and solutions in clear, concise manner
Self-starter, highly motivated, adaptable, flexible, and manages multiple projects and competing priorities, and willing to get their hands dirty (e.g., roll up sleeves and do the heavy lifting).
Good at recognizing an issue, inquisitive, asks right questions and makes extra effort.
Good business partner
Curious, willing to learn new areas and skills.
Technologically proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc
· General Office – Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
· Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time.
· Employee required to organize and coordinate schedules.
· Employee required to analyze and interpret complex data.
· Employee required to problem-solve.
· Employee required to communicate with the public.
· Employee required to manage other employees.