Bustle Digital Group is looking for a highly qualified attorney to join its legal team as anAssociate Counsel, Legal Affairs. This key strategic resource willreport into the SeniorCounsel, Legal Affairs with providing legal advice, counsel, and representation inconnection with negotiation, drafting and management of agreements for a broad rangeof topics and transactions.
- Analyze contracts in response to business questions, and provide contractual and research information to business executives and senior attorney to assist with business decisions.
- Perform legal review of video and editorial content.
- Research various legal issues, including intellectual property, defamation, fair use, contract law, privacy and data security, advertising, and employment law.
- Draft, review, analyze, and negotiate a variety of agreements, including content licensing agreements, distribution agreements, production agreements (video content, editorial content, photographic content), talent agreements, adtech agreement, and independent contractor agreements.
- Liaise with Outside Counsel as needed.
Experience / Education:
- Law degree (J.D.) required
- Must be an active member of California or New York bar
- 2-4 years minimum prior transactional legal experiencerequired in licensing of media properties, music, rights clearances, content review, and production and distribution of content and digital media.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to respond to and interact with senior level creative and business executives in a professional, articulate, personable and helpful manner
- Proficient with MS Office and Adobe Sign; experience with contract management software preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage and effectively prioritize multiple projects
- A demonstrated ability to work independently while serving a variety of departments within the company
Bustle Digital Group is the largest premium publisher reaching millennial women. Every month, nearly 80 million readers turn to Bustle Digital Group publications — Bustle, Romper, Elite Daily, and The Zoe Report — for impactful conversation around the interests and issues engaging women today. Focusing on everything from pop culture to parenthood, Bustle Digital Group's content leverages the power of a diverse set of voices from coast to coast. Bustle Digital Group does business with over 300 global brands, and ranks among the most popular media companies with our demographic on social media. Bustle Digital Group was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Los Angeles and London.