Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in the digital marketing space, at a software company that has deep technology differentiation and is aligned tokey macro level trends in the industry?
Invoca is the trusted market leader in enabling brands to connect withconsumers using the power of voice. With the Invoca Voice Marketing Cloud, brands are bringing the same level of sophistication to their voice-based consumer interactions as they have in the digital world. We partnerwith industry leaders like Facebook, Google, Adobe, IBM and Salesforce tohelp marketers maximize the efficiency of their digital marketing spend, and deliver a great consumer experience across both the digital and voice worlds. And as voice, artificial intelligence and mobile become more important witheach passing day, Invoca is poised for continued long term growth and innovation.
Our world-class team and culture is at the heart of Invoca’s success. Our team brings deep SaaS experience from industry leaders Microsoft, Salesforce, Responsys / Oracle, Citrix, and ON24, and our top tier investors include Accel, Morgan Stanley, Salesforce, Upfront Ventures, and Rincon Venture Partners. With a unique culture that blends the best of Santa Barbara and the Bay Area, we are here to educate, empower, and support our customers to help them achieve their full potential. We have a culture of transparency and teamwork, but with a bias for action and accountability that drives our path tosuccess. We strive to be a company that our peers admire and our competitors envy, and like all great teams, we push each other to new heights, celebrate our victories, and we pick each other up when we lose.
We do it all with honesty and integrity, and we’re looking for the best and brightest minds in software to drive the future of marketing with us.
Invoca is seeking an experienced transactional attorney focusing on commercial transactions for our growing SaaS business. We're looking for someone who can work independently but collaboratively in a collegial team environment within a small but very fast-paced legal department. The Associate Counsel will be responsible for handling domestic revenue sales contracts, such as subscription, software, and professional services agreements, as well as procurement transactions and other corporate legal matters, such as protection of the company’s intellectual property assets. This position will report to theVP, Legal and will have significant interaction with executives and a geographically distributed sales team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of VP, Legal serve as team attorney and strategic advisor on contracts and day-to-day operations for the Sales team.
- Draft, review and lead on negotiations on a high volume of contracts, including subscription services, software licensing, consulting/professional services, procurement agreements and other transactional agreements.
- Counsel multiple business lines and interface with key stakeholders within Invoca including Sales, Finance, Product and Marketing, and Engineering on legal issues and risks, complex deal structures, corporate policies and procedures, data privacy, and intellectual property protection.
- Support the continuous improvement of standard forms of agreement and legal processes.
- Support general corporate and business development transactions, as appropriate.
- Additional tasks may be assigned from time to time, or the scope ofthe job may change as necessitated by business demands.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Law degree and admitted to California bar in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law in California (e.g., have registered in-house status).
- At least 3-5 years of law firm or in-house experience.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Substantial experience advising clients on and structuring complex commercial transactions (particularly for a SaaS business), including subscription agreements, licensing agreements, statements of work, professional services agreements, and procurement contracts.
- Knowledge of marketing and advertising law, social media law, multinational/international legal knowledge and experience, including data privacy and security, a plus.
- Experience in responding to Government entities regarding subpoenas.
- Seasoned, sound and balanced business judgment and keen strategic thinking.
- The ability to integrate legal, business, technical, and practical analysis, to identify issues and to provide and implement solutions.
- Hard-working, well-organized, very attentive to details, and able to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High level of motivation and desire to learn.
- Excellent customer service (internal and external) and interpersonal skills to facilitate successful interaction with all levels of management and staff and third parties.
- Flexible, collaborative and willing to work on a broad variety of legal matters with a team-player attitude.
- Prefer attorney that has worked in an in-house technology business/company environment with a significant transaction volume.
- Self-starter who does not need or expect a large infrastructure of support and is able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong computer skills.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options in a fast-growing company
- Excellent medical benefits and paid time off
- 401K plan with company matching
- Be part of dynamic team