Get in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing company, unique in the industry. As one of the country’s fastest-growing property management companies of single-family rental homes, American Homes 4 Rent has the youth of an exhilarating and fluid start-up culture and permanency of a well-founded corporation, rich with diversity. As pioneers in the industry, solidified by our place on Wall Street, American Homes 4 Rent (AMH:NYSE) is currently looking for qualified candidates. With a culture of unprecedented growth, quality and innovative collaboration, we are seeking personalities to complement our attributes.
The Associate Counsel is responsible for providing legal guidance and support regarding property management matters.
- Advises and offers legal guidance to field personnel and provides analysis regarding legal issues risks and potential liabilities impacting the Company (Legal Help Desk)
- Reviews and drafts termination and settlement agreements for use by field personnel
- Commercial lease negotiation and management
- Follows all organizational systems, programs, training, policies, and procedures as required and complies with relevant legal mandates. Seeks guidance as necessary
- Juris Doctorate Degree from a top-tier law school with commensurate academic performance
- Minimum of five(5) to seven (7)years legalexperiencein the following areas:
- Litigation and/or
- Contract review, drafting, negotiating experience highly desired
- Ability to multi-task and meet demanding deadlines
- Specific experience with residential landlord/tenant law and evictions, premise liability, HOAs highly beneficial
- Law firm experience beneficial