Researches, analyzes, and provides advice and counsel on assigned matters related to insurance operations and corporate matters under the direct supervision of VP, Assistant General Counsel, or higher. Will have restricted independent decision-making and limited oversight of low- complexity issues, with increasing responsibilities as proven. All job duties and responsibilities must be carried out in compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Provides appropriate and timely legal advice on assigned matters. In consultation with supervisor and client, develops and implements the legal strategies to solve the client’s issues.
- Works collaboratively and transparently with clients and colleagues, with particular emphasis on timely and appropriate communications.
- Responsible for ensuring that legal materials and documents provided to or available for client use are timely, commercially reasonable, and drafted in Plain English (i.e., example, forms and documents, handbooks, policies, procedures, litigation notification, regulatory compliance, state insurance department complaints, state filings, etc. )
- Significant time spent learning insurance operations business and legal issues.
- Prepares and/or reviews legal documents to ensure compliance.
- Follows the established procedures and assists in a variety of assigned legal projects.
- Research, analyzes and interpret case law, law reports, and proposed and existing laws.
- Liaises with external functions or operational areas as required.
- Reports status of matters and provides other information as requested.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to build strong relationships and influence the business.
- Juris Doctor required.
- 0– 4 years experience practicing law.
- Insurance and/or regulated industry experience helpful.
- License to practice law in New Jersey or other United States Jurisdiction and otherwise eligible for New Jersey in-house counsel limited license.
Job ID 5769