The Access segment consists of the JLG and Jerr-Dan business units. At JLG, we are committed to being the provider of choice worldwide for access equipment. The Company's diverse product portfolio includes leading brands such as JLG aerial work platforms and JLG SkyTrak and telescopic forklifts. For 30 years, Jerr-Dan has redefined the towing industry. Jerr-Dan tow trucks, whether it be wreckers or carriers, have a proven track record in vehicle recovery.
Oshkosh Access is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
Reports directly to the Segment General Counsel. Provides legal advice and support to business leaders in the Access Segment on a broad range of commercial matters. Coordinates with and manages outside counsel. Carries out complex legal assignments requiring substantive legal knowledge in diverse practice areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts in a supporting and advisory capacity to the Segment General Counsel and to segment senior management; researching applicable laws and providing recommendations on legal consequences or risks related to the corporate business
- Responsible for drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements
- Partners with executive, operations, procurement, finance and human resources colleagues across all levels of the business in order to provide comprehensive and timely legal support
- Cost-effectively partner with and manage outside counsel when necessary
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Travel 25%
- 5-plus years’ experience as counsel in corporate or law firm environment
- Broad legal knowledge (corporate law, litigation, employment law, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Five years corporate and transactional experience
- Experience in both a law firm and in-house attorney setting
- Experience with publicly traded manufacturing company
- Experience with international operations
- Demonstrated management/leadership experience
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.