We are currently looking for an experienced Associate Corporate Counsel for our Corporate Headquarters in Reading, PA. The Associate Corporate Counsel will be responsible for supporting the General Counsel and the Senior Assistant General Counsel with the internal legal affairs of the company in accordance with company policies and practices. This position will be responsible for the review and drafting of contracts, corporate and regulatory compliance, subsidiary governance, while maintaining an exceptional level of professionalism and customer service standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Review, draft and administer contracts and other legal documents, including but not limited to, sales, purchasing, government and other legal documents.
- Provide assistance to General Counsel and Senior Assistant General Counsel as may be required.
- Provide M and A, litigation and Intellectual Property support as may be required.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of corporate policies, procedures and general compliance matters.
- Assist with research and review of applicable federal, state and international statutes and regulations and maintaining the company’s compliance with them.
- Provide outside counsel management and oversight as may be required.
- Aid with responses to legal questions from company management and staff.
- Provide guidance and direction to paralegals and other support staff members of the Legal Department.
- Juris Doctor Degree with at least four (4) years of relevant work experience as a lawyer.
- Must have a practicing license and be in good standing within a particular state jurisdiction.
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Read, analyze & interpret policies, compliance guidelines, financial reports and other legal documents.
- Able to respond to common inquiries or complaints from employees, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Have high level writing and communication abilities.
- Able to present information to the management team, employee groups or departments, and/or board of directors in a succinct and clear way.
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations.
- Able to interpret a variety of instructions supplied in both written and verbal format.
- MS Office - intermediate level (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Government contract, finance and tax experience a plus.