BCD Travel is looking to immediately hire a qualified corporate attorney meeting the below specifications. The primary emphasis for this position will be in supporting BCD Travel in providing service-oriented, business-minded counsel in connection with domestic and international commercial transactions and other legal related matters. The position is located in Atlanta, Georgia (Sandy Springs).
- Review, analyze, interpret, draft and negotiate a wide variety of commercial contracts for our procurement, technology, supplier relations, operations and sales departments.
- Draft and negotiate agreements and provide general support related to acquisitions and other strategic partnerships.
- Advise business clients, as well as finance and other company colleagues, on legal and regulatory issues and risks, approval processes, company policies and procedures, IP and business strategy.
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes.
- Provide other legal support to senior legal staff responsible for the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific regions.
- Attorney admitted to and in good standing with a state Bar Association (all states will be considered)
- 3 to 8 total years of experience as an attorney in a law firm and/or in-house law department (law firm commercial transactions experiencepreferred).
- Significant experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, including technology/license agreements required.
- Must be a self-starter, able to handle complex transactions without significant supervision.
- Must have a customer-service oriented approach to practicing law with an eye towards practical application and an understanding of how legal issues fit into the overall strategic plans of the business.
- Must be detail-oriented and a skilled draftsperson.
- Ability to interact directly with the company's senior leadership, proposing practical and creative solutions to complex business issues and providing pragmatic risk assessments.
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple functions, organizations and with a diverse group of colleagues, including in-house attorneys in U.S. and other countries, at all levels.
- Must have a good sense of humor and be a team-player who will thrive in a collaborative and collegial atmosphere.
- Experience in travel industry helpful but not required.
- Mergers and acquisitions experience helpful but not required.
Job ID : NOAM-14391