Develop and maintain control system documentation and documentation change control procedures. Assist in identifying, evaluating and selecting process controls hardware and software necessary to meet current and future manufacturing requirements. Provides input to identifying, evaluating and selecting the automation hardware and software necessary to meet current and future manufacturing requirements. Provides input to managing the controls and automation interface, testing, quality control, data retrieval, and training for all packaging and processing equipment. Assists with assessing the effectiveness and maintainability of new automation systems and managing the automation change process for existing equipment. Supports and promotes food safety and quality program indicatives within the plant environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the implementation of facility control system standardization and process improvement tasks. Support operations by providing information reporting tools useful in analyzing and interpreting control system data.
- Support development and maintenance of the facility As-Built Electrical, Controls, and Process Drawings. Maintain control system documentation and document change control procedures as developed by Controls & Automation Engineer and/or Technical Services Manager.
- In conjunction with the Controls & Automation Engineer and/or Technical Services Manager identify, evaluate and select process controls hardware and software necessary to meet current and future manufacturing requirements.
- Assist with the development and management of controls related capital projects.
- In conjunction with the Controls & Automation Engineer, determine the maintainability of new process control systems and manage process controls change control procedures for existing equipment.
Minimum Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
- Troubleshoot and maintain Allen-Bradley PLC-5, SLC-500, MicroLogix and ControlLogix hardware or equivalent as installed in the facility.
- Perform Allen-Bradley PLC programming implementing RSLogix5, RSLogix500 and RSLogix5000 software or equivalent.
- Implement and troubleshoot Allen-Bradley hardware platforms including PowerFlex series VFDs and PanelView Plus HMIs.
- Implement and troubleshoot industrial communication networks including Ethernet, Allen-Bradley Remote I/O and DeviceNet.
- Experience with GE Proficy iFix SCADA system programming.
- Install and maintain servo controllers, transmitters, and sensors.
- Perform computer aided-design and drafting tasks implementing AutoCAD (or equivalent).
- Read electrical schematics, Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID's) and Process Flow Diagrams (PFD's)
- Perform PID Loop tuning and implement instrument calibration procedures.
- Perform electrical troubleshooting techniques as required to maintain the facility.
- Possess general knowledge of the National Electrical Code (pertinent to industry), a plus.
- Bachelor's degree required.