Associate Chief Medical Officer - Medical
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for assisting in the development, interpretation, coordination and administration of Medical Staff policies pertaining to legal, administrative and/or organization activities of the medical staff; medical staff credentialing and privileges; and other areas and responsibilities as may be designated, supporting operations at other Queen’s Health Systems (QHS) entities or other affiliated organizations.
• Facilitates collaboration and teamwork among all internal and external constituencies, to make decisions and set standards that support the delivery of accountable care.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: finger dexterity, seeing, hearing, speaking.
• Continuous: sitting, static gripping of an object for prolonged periods.
• Frequent: walking.
• Occasional: standing, stooping/bending, climbing stairs, walking on uneven ground, lifting and carrying usual weight of 1 pound up to 5 pounds, reaching above, at and below shoulder level, frequent gripping of an object.
• Operates computer, calculator, telephone, fax, printer.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
• Exposure to hazardous chemicals and infectious agents is an occupational risk; therefore, standard safety regulations must be maintained to avoid contamination.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Graduate of an accredited School of Medicine or EC FMG certification.
• Current unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Hawaii.
• Board certified or board qualified in area of specialty. If board qualified, must obtain board certification within two (2) years of entrance into the position.
• Master’s degree in business administration or related health care and/or professional field preferred.
• During the period of employment, shall be and remain a member of the QMC medical staff in good standing with appropriate privileges without restriction.
• Qualified for an appointment on the faculty of the University of Hawaii John A. Burns School of Medicine.
• Five (5) years clinical experience in area of specialty.
• Five (5) years management/leadership experience preferred.
• Experience to demonstrate strong verbal, presentation, interpersonal and written skills to effectively communicate with a broad range of people.
• Experience to demonstrate exceptional relationship management and people skills – “a relationship builder” who can work well with a diverse Provider and employee base.