Oversees, develops and analyzes policies and practices related to project management and the project management office. Develops, analyzes and oversees project quality assurance and resource allocation. Enhances program and project management capabilities and operational oversight. Develops, edits and executes project plans to manage the lifecycle and operational aspects of projects. Defines, develops and deploys standardized project management tools and templates to ensure projects are completed efficiently.
Job Function: Business Systems Analysis
Defines how a proposed system will accomplish business requirements through technical solutions for functional and non-functional requirements. Provides support and analysis for systems to ensure smooth and continuous running of corporate systems and assessment of software for efficiency, speed, and cost of implementation and maintenance. This could include regular and preventative maintenance, systems requirement management and process related analysis. Positions could have responsibility for infrastructure performance as well as new technology implementation or roll-outs.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Associate, Business Process Management is responsible for compiling, analyzing and interpreting data to make strategic and tactical recommendations to business managers. The incumbent solves more highly complex system related operational and customer issues with possible financialrisk. S/he applies statistical data to business strategies and presents recommendations to senior management in meaningful format. Manage complex production issues and large projects requiring the coordination of resources, budgets, and deadlines. Makes decisions on highly complex issues with considerable latitude in judgment interpreting policies and procedures and resolves problems within established guidelines.
- Maps current business processes.
- Identifies various areas for improvement.
- Defines scope of projects and clearly articulates various issues.
- Plans timelines and identifies resource needs.
- Performs project work and management reporting.
- Provides input for procedure and process development.
- Works with departmental leaders to implement policy, operational efficiencies, process improvements, or other solutions.
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) while providing leadership, guidance, and mentorship to other project managers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education –
- Bachelor’s Degree: business administration, management information systems, computer science or equivalent
- or equivalent work experience
- Experience –
- 5-9 years Experience as a business analyst or related experience.
- Skills & Abilities –
- Ability to use analytical skills to identify key stakeholders impacted by changes and understand their influence and authority levels.
- Strong critical / analytical thinking and problem-solving skills to include scenario-based analysis and use case driven documentation.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects, activities and tasks under time constraints.
- Ability to utilize tact and knowledge to resolve issues, train on specific policies and procedural guidelines.
- Ability to identify risk, probability, impact and how to mitigate risks.
- Excellent facilitation skills for meeting management, and requirements workshop planning and management.
- Ability to elicit questions to gather information at the right level of detail and scope to represent all of the stakeholder’s needs, and that lead to an understanding of the business need rather than what they want.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the use of presentation skills and the ability to create a requirements package.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player; leading the group to address complex problems, thinking outside the box, and driving to best solution
- Ability to identify current capabilities and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Advanced knowledge and skill in Microsoft Suite products
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Facilitates and maintains stakeholder confidence in the decision-making process.