We have an elite team of over 130 teammates in Miami, Indianapolis, New York City, Guatemala City, and distributed around the globe.
What You'll Do:
- Own the data management of all data sources including data integrity and availability.
- Develop and maintain all business-focused standardized reporting from requirements gathering to dashboard creation.
- Support the analytics team to drive new understanding of customer behaviors by cleaning, staging, and analyzing customer and traffic data.
- Service requests for ad hoc analysis
- Focus on optimizing and improving data processes through automation and new technology.
- Act as the gatekeeper for all data related tools, software and permissions.
- Work with the user acquisition, product, technology, sales, operations and finance teams to improve knowledge sharing around data and reporting.
- Effectively communicate with various business owners and teams and escalate technical issues when appropriate.
- Partner with the database team to improve data quality, data availability, and data integration with new and existing systems.
- Develop close partnerships with internal clients; manage multiple projects under time constraints (including ad-hoc requests); be a self-starter who is extremely proactive in managing projects to ensure critical project risks are identified and mitigated.
- Be the data authority and leader in his/her division across the organization
What You Have:
- At least 6 years of experience in analytics or business intelligence in a customer-facing and online marketing company.
- Proficient in SQL, Big Data technologies and Data Visualization Tools like Tableau.
- Comfortable with large datasets and database management systems
- B.S. or higher major in Statistics, Economics, Applied Mathematics or Computer Science
- Experience working in data-driven, fast-paced organizations preferred
- Experience in insurance, online marketing, or personal finance industry a plus
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and dig into the data, but can also step back to see the big picture.