The Associate Attorney will support the ICE Data Services business in general legal and regulatory matters, with a special emphasis on (i) reviewing requirements in connection with applicable regulations as they relate to ICE Data Services (ii) reviewing documentation including marketing materials and RFI's to ensure compliance with applicable regulations, and (iii) reviewing, drafting and negotiating various types of agreements including customer agreements, source agreements, etc. This is a hands on role where you will be responsible for executing on a variety of work and working closely with the business and other attorneys in connection with applicable regulations as they relate to ICE Data Services as well as providing some legal support to marketing, finance, and product development departments.
- Review, draft, and negotiate various agreements
- Assist in preparation of external requests for information, including customer inquiries and requests for proposals
- Review marketing materials, advertisements, client communications and press releases
- Identify risk implications and provide legal advice in connection with business strategies and product plans
- Assist in the development and refinement of corporate policies and procedures and legal training programs
Knowledge and Experience
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) Degree
- 5+ years' experience preferably including both law firm and in-house at a medium to large-sized corporation. Must be familiar with financial services industry and regulation, knowledge of the Investment Advisers Act a plus
- Will provide counsel to a variety of internal business clients including in the following areas: licensing, marketing and advertising review, client service and support and review of policies and procedures)
- Position requires ability to work independently, sound business judgment, strong communication and negotiation skills, effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle numerous matters and meet deadlines required.