ABOUT THIS JOB
We are looking for a super sharp, highly-motivated, business-minded attorney to join our small, but mighty legal team supporting our data services and data acquisition products. This role can be located in either our San Francisco or New York offices, and will interface with business teams to negotiate and execute on a wide range of commercial and strategic initiatives requiring creative and proactive legal guidance. This is an opportunity to make a high-impact contribution to a fast-paced organization operating on the cutting-edge of data connectivity and the Ad/MarTech industry.
- Review, draft, and negotiate a wide variety of contracts, including customer, vendor, business development, and data agreements, with the ability to capture complex legal and business concepts in a clear, concise, and easy-to-understand manner.
- Advise business units on legal issues of first impression.
- Collaborate with numerous internal functions, including sales, customer success, business development, product, and engineering on the sales cycle, and risk mitigation.
- Monitor and self-study on case law, legislation and other legal guidance relevant to AdTech and MarTech industries.
- Build legal policies and processes from the ground up, and provide consultation, training, and knowledge sharing to colleagues.
- Protect LiveRamp's intellectual property.
- Contribute toward building a great company.
- JD with excellent academic credentials and admission to California/New York state bar (or be authorized to practice law in California/New York, e.g., have registered in-house status)
- 3+ years of law firm and/or tech in-house experience advising on intellectual property matters
- Self-motivated, proactive, and eager to dive into the business and technology.
- Comfort with ambiguity, multi-tasking, and independence.
- Excellent communicator both internally and externally.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Sense of humor
- SaaS, IP licensing or tech transactions experience (preferred)
- Food. Enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun. We host events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Health and Saving. Receive the benefits of comprehensive health, dental, vision and disability insurance along with a 401k matching plan.
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco or New York City – the best cities in the world, and take advantage of our commuter benefits.