- Manage budgeting, forecasting and expense management within your portfolio to maximize recurring net income.
- Negotiate leases, legal documents and contracts. Coordinate and manage various internal/external resources and consultants (i.e., attorneys, environmental, construction).
- Asset valuation including both internal valuations and review of external appraisals.
- Develop and implement, through third-party property and leasing teams, property level strategies for leasing, operations and capital expenditures that will maximize property performance.
- Support the sales process of designated assets including engaging brokers, evaluating bids, negotiating contracts, managing due diligence and closing.
- Support equity acquisition process. Participate in pre-acquisition due diligence. Assist with the selection of property management and leasing teams by securing proposals, conducting interviews and assisting with management agreements. Assist with the property transition process by working with internal bank relations, insurance and accounting departments.
- Manage JV relationships and development partners and projects, as applicable.
- Support the national Equity Strategies Group as needed on various committees and assignments.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Results-driven professional with 5+ years of experience in commercial real estate or asset management.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the asset management of commercial real estate assets.
- Experience managing and leading property level leasing and property management teams; Experience in lease negotiation and structuring.
- Strong real estate valuation and underwriting skills.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Argus Enterprise, MRI, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable business related field; MBA
- Knowledge of sustainable real estate practices, LEED GA
- Knowledge of building systems and operations issues.
- Ability to take on multiple assignments at the same time each with specific deadlines.
- Basic understanding of standard real estate legal document such as leases, management agreements, JV agreements and appraisals.