Associate Application Developer
Job Description :
Assists in providing less complex application development services typically as part of a project team or in an application support role. Developers assist, analyze, design, code, test and implement less complex systematic solutions to meet customer requirements that adhere to Highmark IT standards and policies. Developers assist in providing less complex general support to maintain applications that meet the service levels, system availability, performance and quality levels required by their customers.
1. Responsible for assisting in analyzing, designing, coding, testing and implementing less complex application enhancements, as well as providing general production support, meeting defined scope, target dates and budgets with minimal or no defects.
2. Utilizes and participates in the full system less complex development life cycle, per current Highmark SDLC standards.
3. Assists in collaborating with customers, business analysts, partners, and IT team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. Concentrates on providing less complex innovative solutions to business needs.
4. Assists in providing required technical support, including release implementations, on-call and 24x7 supports when necessary.
5. Performs work in compliance with all Highmark and Highmark IT standards, policies and procedures.
6. Assists and actively participates on project teams in various project roles, including, but not limited to, Developer, Technical Lead and Project Manager, based upon level of experience.
7. Effectively communicates with team members, customers, partners and management, including assisting with or conducting less complex technical walkthroughs, reporting project status, enabling [facilitating? Promoting?] Vendor solutions and providing accurate and concise documentation.
8. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
- High school graduate GED
- 0 – 1 year of experience in Information Technology or related field
Due to Department of Defense (DOD) contract requirements, the incumbent who fills this position must be a US citizen, and must also pass a background check.
Ability and willingness to learn: