PTC Company Description PTC (Nasdaq: PTC) is a $1B+ global provider of technology platforms and enterprise applications for smart and connected products, operations, and systems. Our enterprise applications serve manufacturers and other businesses that create, operate and service products. Our award-winning ThingWorx technology platforms help companies achieve a “new reality” in smart, connected things and systems - deriving new value emerging from the “Internet of Things” market. An early pioneer in Computer Aided Design (CAD) software, PTC today employs more than 6,000 professionals serving more than 28,000 businesses worldwide. We are headquartered in Needham, MA.
Region The Americas
Subregion North America
Country-City USA-Wayne PA (ColdLight)
Business Title Associate AI Engineer
PTC Org R&D - Research and Development
Job Description for Advertising Purposes We are headquartered in Needham, MA. Get more information
ThingWorx Analytics, a PTC business, based in Wayne, PA, is seeking a talented Associate AI Engineer to be part of an exciting and innovative team. We develop/adapt machine learning technologies to massively parallel computer architectures to address data mining and predicting on large data sets. Ideal candidates will enjoy solving challenging problems related to AI, machine learning algorithm parallelization and performance with clear models and efficient solutions, designing and implementing scalable systems that handle large amount of data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ability to deliver rapid iterations of software features
· Coming up with creative ways to use massive amounts of user-generated data
· Design and develop innovative and scalable learning solutions for business problems.
· Unlocking the power of large data sets and using this information to power solutions for product users and in-house teams
· Consult across business areas on machine learning approaches to derive insights from process data and recommend actionable modeling solutions.
· Drive real-time implementation of modeling solutions.
· Work with software development teams to integrate machine learning systems into scalable deployment environments.
· Perform run time optimization of the complex learning algorithms
· Works collaboratively with other PTC associates in cross-functional teams to achieve goals
· Design, develop and execute all levels of software testing including unit, integration, performance, and system tests
· Passionate about automation
· Additional, related duties as necessary
· Master’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or related disciplines
· Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years of experience in building software applications using Java and related technologies
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, data structures and artificial intelligence, machine learning and complexity theory, or mathematics, probability and statistics or signal processing
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to prioritize, organize and exhibit good time management skills
· Ability and willingness to innovate and learn new technologies quickly
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Require work related experience with Java, Eclipse, Unit Testing, Machine Learning
· Prefer experience with Unix/Linux, Maven, Jenkins, Agile/Scrum, JIRA/Atlassian Tools, Git
· Value experience with relational DBs, Apache Libraries, AWS/Cloud, Hadoop, Distributed/Parallel Computing, EIP (Camel), Apache Spark, Big Data, Internet of Things
· Research experience and peer reviewed publications are a strong plus
Job Req Number 28208BR
Why Join Us and Benefits Summary
PTC is a great place to work. Our culture is one of excellence, innovation, empowerment, and caring about our customers, communities, and employees. We have built an action oriented culture of integrity and trust, creating a sense of team spirit at both the departmental and company-wide level. At PTC, we have great employees and know that they are critical to the company’s success.
The Core Values we live by to achieve our success are:
• Customer Success
• Innovation & Empowerment
• Integrity & Professionalism
• Social Responsibility through Shared Value
We are looking to add strong candidates that uphold the PTC Core Values and are eager to grow and develop their careers with us. If you share these values and enjoy a work environment that is fast paced, hands on, and results oriented, then PTC is the place for you.
PTC benefits are among the most competitive in the industry. While your salary is the major component of your compensation, you also receive a competitive benefits package including:
• Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
• Healthcare and Dental insurance
• Paid Time Off and Sick Time
• Birthday Day-off
• Tuition Reimbursement (Canada, India, Israel, US)
• Holiday Pay
• Employee Referral Program
• Management and Employee Training Development
• Other Regional-specific Benefits