What You Will Do:
You will direct and provide leadership as a member of Actuarial Integrity Team supporting the first line model validation and governance to ensure compliance with enterprise and actuarial model governance standards. You may oversee a small team within actuarial modeling, risk management, valuation or other actuarial department.
What You Will Learn:
You will increase your ability to build and maintain strong relationships across Transamerica. You will learn to promote a Future Fit mindset including Acting as One, Accountability, Agility and Customer Centricity.
What Success Looks Like:
- Lead and perform actuarial peer review, testing, and documentation activities on Life, Health, Accumulation and Retirement projection, valuation, pricing, and experience study models.
- Support actuarial product line model owner teams, model conversion teams, and Risk Model Validation team to execute first-line model validations and support second-line model validations.
- Comply with all protocols of the model change management process and suggest improvements to the processes.
- Partner and actively engage with the Actuarial teams to provide model governance/control guidance, support, and best practices.
- Partner with Model Planning and Model Change Management Teams to implement actuarial policies and procedures.
- Execute significant and complex data manipulation and complex calculations using macros and other programs, and analyze findings.
- Provides reports and analyses to management on sales, persistency and mortality or morbidity experience for various product lines, reserve adequacy, risk management information, or various other similar items.
- Reviews, advises, and analyzes studies that underlie actuarial assumptions and provides assumptions and data to others.
- Monitors and analyzes developments in actuarial techniques, laws and regulations applicable to company operations, and competitive developments in the marketplace.
- May represent the company on industry and professional committees and/or with regulators.
- May supervise a small team of employees within Actuarial Integrity and/or lead specific projects.
What You Need:
- FSA or equivalent professional designation along with Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related field and 6 years of relevant experience. In lieu of Bachelor's, will accept Master's in a listed discipline and 4 years of relevant experience. In lieu of FSA will accept ASA or equivalent professional designation and 10 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrates high quality leadership, judgment, organization and prioritization skills.
- Effectively communicates, both verbally and in writing, advanced mathematical and analytical concepts to various audiences.
- Works well under pressure and within time constraints to effectively accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Excellent computer skills.
- At least 4 years of Actuarial Modeling experience, ideally for various purposes (valuation of various bases, pricing, etc.), and capacities (development/coding is a plus, on top of validation/testing)
- In-depth experience with products in at least two product linespreferred.
- Thorough understanding of relevant industry regulations preferred.
- Strong mathematical skills and statistical aptitude.
- Experience on AXIS and/or ALFA modeling platforms a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and focus to assess the problem and find a solution.
- Experience managing model development or testing projects preferred.