The Profitability (REPLAY) Team Manager role is responsible for managing a team of actuaries focused on profitability oversight of the Personal Lines of business, reporting directly to the Countrywide Pricing Team Lead.
Personal Lines has approximately $1.9 Billion of premium across a suite of products. The Actuarial Manager provides overall management and technical oversight to a team of analysts with varying degrees of experience as well as being expected to complete their own hands on assignments.
The Associate Actuarial Manager partners with other actuaries and business leaders to provide critical insights into the profitability of the Personal Lines business. Key responsibilities of the role include oversight of IBNR forecasting as part of the REPLAY process, developing and publishing quarterly indications, the pricing Actual vs. Expected process, and top line and bottom-line planning.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Manage and lead a team of actuarial analysts, ensuring execution of deliverables alongside personal growth of entire team
- Know and apply actuarial fundamentals & principles.
- Monitoring profitability and communicating trends to executive leadership
- Partner with field and business leaders across the Personal Lines organization to build credibility of actuarial department and consult on strategic direction
- Influence and negotiate the appropriate actions to support strategic goals of the organization
- Be responsible for communicating results/issues to upper level management
- Be responsible for performance and compensation management for team
- Lead and participate in community recruiting and/or training activities
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a relevant technical field
- 7+ years of technical experience in multiple LOB and/or actuarial disciplines such as pricing, reserving or advanced analytics.
- 2+ years in management capacity
- ACAS required, FCAS preferred
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Office, including Excel
- Intermediate programming skills preferably SQL, including the ability to develop and automate processes
- Growth Mindset – Embraces a creative approach and a changing environment. Seeks to improve processes, constantly seek to learn, apply new techniques, challenge others and themselves to find a better way
- Relationship Building - Understands the importance of developing and maintaining cooperative relationships with others at all levels of the organization by making others feel their concerns and contributions are important. Builds positive relationships with others to accomplish organizational goals.
- Results Orientation - Excited by challenging goals and a desire to exceed standards of excellence. Exceeding the standard can include challenging personal goals, organization's standards, or current industry standards.
- Talent Management - Proactively fosters building, mobilizing and evaluating the organizations' human assets. Establishes performance goals and measures in order to accomplish organizational goals.
- Business Enterprise Knowledge - Understands how one's own function adds value to the organization and to customers. Makes decisions and recommendations clearly linked to the organization's strategy and financial goals, reflecting an awareness of external dynamics. Demonstrates awareness by providing clear explanations for actions taken relative to customer requirements, needs, and industry trends.
- Strategic Thinking - Examines issues and plans with a long-term perspective. Able to critically evaluate external and internal factors.
- Change Management - Designs and transforms an organization based on assumptions of human capability and resiliency. Understands the basic human patterns that operate during change, and effectively focuses the organization's capability on an effective transformation. Focuses and energizes a group to accomplish change together and holds them accountable to common goals.