Associate Accounting Manager - Fund Accounting
The Associate Manager oversees daily team activities and assists in supervising staff to ensure the work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. The Associate Manager position will require regular direct interaction with clients and team members.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of quarterly financial statements to the Limited Partners to report information regarding the performance of the Fund.
- Oversee in the preparation of schedules to support the general ledger balances reported in the Financial Statements.
- Oversee and review in the calculation, preparation and distribution of capital call notices to the Limited Partners to notify them when contributions are due.
- Complete required regulatory forms to ensure the Fund complies with specific regulation requirements.
- Oversee the calculation and distribution of proceeds to Limited Partners to return capital owed to them
- Communicate directly with the General Partners and respond promptly to their requests to provide them with the information they require
- Review and approve bank reconciliations to verify reasonableness of transactions and to confirm all transactions have been accounted
- Review and approve weekly cash to determine the reasonableness of transactions and accuracy of journal entries
- Review investment packages to confirm the securities purchased are wired to the correct beneficiary and are for the appropriate amounts
- Interact with auditors and provide them with reports/support to assist them during the audit
- Complete audit confirmations to satisfy procedures performed for the audits of the Limited Partners
- Oversee associates and provide them with projects to educate them in the field of Private Equity
- Assist with team training as required for new and existing associates
- Assist in leading applicable team meetings in order to provide guidance and support to associates
- Assist in team coaching, hiring, performance evaluations, budgeting and progressive discipline as applicable/required
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of Bachelor?s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, Master?s Degreepreferred
- Certified Public Accountantpreferred
- 3+ years?experience in the PE industry or similar experience
- Strong interpersonal and verbal & written communication
- Strong communication, leadership, analytical and managerial skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Job Type: Full-time
- Private Equity: 3years