Support and help develop Nissan's Regional marketing and advertising strategies. Secure all clients' confidence as an advertising professional who is competent, reliable and respected. Help subordinates to grow, thereby assuring a continuation of highly competent account management. Support and assist the Regional Account Director in developing and growing a cohesive and productive team. Assist in ensuring compliance to all agency guidelines, and continually striving to find ways to grow clients business, while gaining the Regional Client's confidence as advertising professional who is competent, reliable, and respected.
- Maintain contact with key regional client(s) responsible for advertising programs.
- Assist the Account Director in anticipating Client needs, keeping the agency in the position of leading rather than following
- Assist the Account Director in representing the agency as a marketing expert and lead agency Regional personnel when the Account Director is not present
- Develop and present market/district fiscal year marketing/advertising plan.
- Keep Account Director informed of status of client relations, including personnel changes and issues related to Agency performance.
- Assure that client(s) understands Agency procedures/systems. Obtain clear direction before taking action.
- Assist the Account Director on contacting every NDAB/RDAB member at least once a quarter to gain insight on success and failure of marketing efforts in the marketplace.
- Assist that client/RMP meetings are documented with written dealer contact reports
- Continuously work with AGM to sell in Regional advertising programs.
- Merchandise Nissan marketing/advertising efforts in district dealer meetings and in one-on-one dealership visits (when applicable).
- Present National and Regional creative, media plans, promotions, strategies, music, etc. at DMA meetings.
- Assist Account Director with ensuring compliance with the Agency/Client Scope of Work document
- Work with Region to review National model support, spot market support and district inventory levels to implement appropriate model mix.
- Work with Regional Marketing to determine DMA meeting advertising needs - anticipate needs and advise.
- On-going communication with Region regarding advertising opportunities/issues.
- Provide Region with value-added merchandising opportunities.
- Work with Nissan regional marketing specialists to fulfill needs.
- Update Region with National and Regional creative work.
- Work with Regions to provide ideas for supporting new vehicle launches.
- Attend monthly Regional marketing/advertising meetings. Write service reports covering each meeting and distribute to appropriate agency personnel.
- Prepare materials for and participate in quarterly district meetings at the Region including Nissan National and Regional creative, media, and promotional plans.
- Monitor and report competitive spending/share of voice information.
- Develop market-specific new vehicle launch plans utilizing media-provided added value opportunities.
- Fulfill Regional research requests, as assigned.
- Advise Account Director as to in-market conditions and assist in regular competitive reporting for Client review (sales, share, SOV, etc.).
- See that Account Executives, Assistant Account Executive, and Account Coordinator provide all appropriate information and direction to ensure efficient and productive use of their time and effort.
- Work with the creative team to develop the most effective method of presenting advertising to the client, as necessary.
- Responsible for district implementation of all creative campaigns.
- Ensure timely/accurate implementation of television, radio and print campaigns.
- Initiate process to develop creative appropriate for special projects/promotions.
- Be familiar with the Nissan Artwork website.
- Monitor production timetable.
- Forecast and maintain fiscal year advertising budget for each market assigned.
- Work with media planning in development of annual media plan.
- Discuss/review annual media plan with Regional management; obtain Regional management signoff.
- Provide accurate direction to planning and buying groups regarding changes in plans per client direction and approval of agency proposals/recommendations.
- Initiate media planning/buying process through use of media action request forms.
- Ensure all media projects/buys are implemented in an accurate and timely fashion.
- In coordination with media planning, present buy and post-buy recaps to Region.
- Work with media planning in identifying new media opportunities for assigned markets.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of local media environment.
- Provide monthly media updates including media budgets and media calendars.
- Report/Communicate value of National and Regional media placement within district (e.g., spot market listing grid).
- Communicate National new vehicle launch plans to Regions, where appropriate.
- Work with media group in development/implementation of Hispanic media plan, where necessary.
- Be familiar with the television and radio rankers for each market.
- Monitor budgets - review of ad expenditures and flow charts several times a month.
- Assist the Account Director in meeting with Regional Clients to discuss market historical plans, current needs, local business situation, model focus, current media situation and trends.
- Submit request from clients regarding media coverage and spill reports in order to answer legitimate client concerns.
- Review all launch decks as they become available.
- Work with Region should quarterly media changes be necessary.
- Interact with Regional Business Strategist and Account Planning in interpretation of time-sensitive business, marketing and communication information (i.e., R.L. Polk, BDI/CDI, and SOV).
- Work in conjunction with Regional Business Strategist to develop DMA specific reports/recommendations as necessary to Regions.
- Work with Regional Business Strategist in researching new model launch/ competitive segments (i.e., full-size truck) to develop DMA/Regional vehicle launch/communications strategies/plans for new and evolving vehicle segments.
- Identify opportunities within assigned DMAs and initiate strategic planning process to deliver recommendations to Region.
- Responsible for providing accurate direction to internal Account Executives.
- Update weekly status report to keep team up to date on status of all on-going projects.
- Participate in weekly status report conference calls.
- Produce accurate and timely service reports.
- Provide daily agenda to Account Director.
- Attend Agency-provided seminars.
- Participate in new-employee training.
- Participate in presenting the Zimmerman University selections or to develop a new course module.
- Provide leadership to the account team. Encourage and motivate all members of the team.
- Assure efficient use of Agency time and resources on assigned account. Exercise primary responsibility for cost control to meet established budgets goals.
- Assure that proprietary and other sensitive information is handled with utmost confidentiality.
- Assist in educating AEs on their assigned markets.
- Solicit Agency resources to provide clients with best information.
- Provide day-to-day supervision of any assigned personnel, guiding workflow, and assuring compliance with Agency policy and fulfilling client requirements.
- Train and coach any subordinates, thereby helping them to grow in responsibility. Delegate increasingly challenging jobs to subordinates to facilitate their growth. Establish objectives to assure subordinates achieve required experience/competency for promotion to the next level of Account Management.
- Participate in establishing appropriate objectives. Where delegated by Account Director, conduct objective-setting and evaluation sessions with subordinates (provide results to the Account Director).
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or relevant, equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5+ years as a Account Supervisor or Associate Account Director in a full service agency
- Media savvy - print, TV, radio, and interactive
- A strong account management background; past experience managing client accounts and supervising account teams preferred
- Must be computer literate with proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook/Express with the ability to learn new computer systems.
- Strong skillset in relationship building
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks while working independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with people at all levels of an organization
- Proven leadership abilities and managerial experience