We are looking for Assoc Supply Chain Analyst for our client in Irvine, CA
Job Title: Assoc Supply Chain Analyst
Job Location: Irvine, CA
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- Assess and ensure the compliance of client, its Vendors and entities of clients with all government import or export laws within assigned countries and regions.
- In addition, this position will provide freight and logistics analysis to support the Global Supply Chain Transportation and Logistics teams.
- Execute processes and procedures (e.g., SOPs, work instructions) and may provide recommendations for updates for applicable Supply Chain functions
- Work with our external Freight Forwarders, Carriers, and Freight Audit & Payment vendor on a daily basis to coordinate and generate weekly freight payment remittance files
- Utilize internal systems and coding rules to allocate GL's to 8000- 15000 transactions per week. Quality check for accuracy.
- Help with the daily management and interactions with Freight Forwarders, 3PLs, Customer Service, and other internal & external groups
- Collaborate with departments (such as, clinical, sales, marketing, legal, etc.) within client in order to assess needs and perform actions required, across the entire supply chain continuum (e.g., plan, source, make and deliver) seeking to manage product flow including issues with limited scope
- Assist team members in assessing global vendors to ensure cost, quality, delivery, technical, and service capabilities to meet client requirements; identify and resolve supply chain issues
- Provide support and data to feed Dashboards, Metrics and Communication tools for Global, Business Unit, Regional, and Freight & 3PL performance measurements
- Perform routine analysis to improve supply chain operations
- Execute supply chain related projects (e.g., NPD introductions)
- Other incidental duties or ad-hoc projects as assigned by Leadership
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (high level experience in Excel, preferred) , Global Supply Chain, and Quality systems (e.g., JDE) preferred
- Good written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills
- Ability to develop compliance processes and procedures
- Good problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Good knowledge and understanding of client policies, procedures and guidelines relevant to local and/or global supply chain including FDA and ISO laws and regulations applicable to medical device industry
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strict attention to detail
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to work in a team environment, including immediate supervisor, other team members in the section or group, and vendors/suppliers.
- Strong excel skills, comfortable with vlookups and formulas
- Previous experience in transportation is a plus
- 1-3 years of recent/relevant experience
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Some college.