We are looking for Assoc Labeling Specialist (BU Design) for our client in Costa Mesa, CA
Job Title: Assoc Labeling Specialist (BU Design)
Job Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- Evaluate content to establish standardized labels across product lines and families.
- Analyze and implement a consistent approach to template and labeling design/execution in a component content management platform.
- (e.g., InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat), SDL and Loftware solutions.
- Analyze existing content and formats/templates for labeling creation within the content management system (CMS) and other
- labeling solution platforms.
- Analyze and evaluate each proposal for implementing redlined text and graphics for labeling.
- Identify and/or evaluate the risks of labeling issues associated with design.
- Develop lean, standardized, harmonized and/or optimized options for labeling templates, within an XML
- Authoring environment (e.g., Xmetal, Oxygen), component content management system (CCMS) and global labeling system software.
- Provide technical expertise and an operational perspective to moderately complex labeling design activities by identifying, defining and implementing process improvement solutions.
- Collaborate with Labeling Specialists and labeling change request initiators to understand requirements in order to help solve problems with design solutions in an innovative, cost effective and timely manner.
- Create and manage updates to global labeling standards/ procedures/ step guides, training materials, process improvements and assigned deliverables via ECR and document management processes.
- Other incidental duties, including: working with different suppliers and vendors to propose improvement opportunities, organizing label stocks inventory within global labeling team and with suppliers.
- Provide training and coaching to new labeling designers
- Good computer skills including usage of MS Office Suite and proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and/or Loftware required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills
- Ability to listen to the customer's requirements, desires and concerns, and then determining whether to recommend standardized/harmonized solutions or possibly customizing a path forward, given a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Ability to build productive relationships, influence others and deliver effectively in ambiguous situations
- Good problem-solving, critical thinking, and organizational skills
- Good leadership skills
- Experience managing tasks of projects
- Moderate understanding of domestic and global development and implementation of labeling
- Moderate understanding of medical and/or pharmaceutical regulations and standards
- Moderate knowledge of client's standards and FDA regulations in relations to labeling and documentation
- Moderate knowledge of medical device documentation development activities
- Knowledge of ECR and PDM processes
- Good computer skills including usage of MS Office Suite
- Good problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Basic project management skills
- Strict attention to detail
- Ability to build productive internal/external working relationships
- Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3 years of related experience in the labeling or graphics industry.
- Medical Device experience is highly preferred.