The Associate Director will be a key member of the global Product Development and Commercialization (PDC) team that manages all aspects of Biogen's in-line injectable platform MS therapiesand the oral MS add-on therapy. This position reports to the PDC Lead and partners with the global commercial team, the broader PDC cross-functional team members and other MS brand teams to drive the global brand and portfolio strategy.
The Associate Director will have the opportunity to become a global commercial leadand will work with regional and affiliate teams and the global cross-functional partners (Regional Marketing, Medical Affairs, Market Access, Market Research, R&D, Manufacturing, Finance/ Business Analytics, and Legal) to ensure integrated marketing strategy development and seamless market execution.
This individual will utilize their industry experience to make sound business decisions and provide the strategic direction, specific actions and tactics, and recommendations to key stakeholders throughout the organization to achieve the overall brand goals. In addition, this role will have significant interactions with all other MS brand teams and will be able to lead cross-brand and above brand MS portfolio strategies.
The Associate Director has responsibility for significant elements of the brand strategy and cross-functional execution. Primary areas of responsibility include:
- Lead the development of the Integrated Customer Plan (ICP), which represents the cross-functional brand strategy. Collaborate with global medical and value & access colleagues on the development of a product value story that provides a vision for the product over the long-term, guiding all communications and publications.
- Lead the advertising agency in the evolution of the core marketing deliverables, both branded and unbranded, including messaging and creative concept. The work will likely include design and execution of market research as well as thought leader or community engagement. The work will also include supporting other team members in the execution of marketing tactics.
- Lead the global cross-functional Communications Team, informing all communications (e.g., congresses, press releases, rapid response, etc.) in line with the product value story.
- Partner with global medical for publications planning to ensure strategic and tactical alignment.
- Drive day-to-day performance oversight through the execution and interpretation of dashboards, enabling in-depth discussions within global marketing, regions, and affiliates.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with global medical and value & access, regional and affiliate marketers worldwide, and other key members of the asset team.
The successful candidate will be an experienced individual with a strong track record of commercial and marketing success in the pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical industry. They will have some experience in brand management at the affiliate level, with strong strategic thinking, market analysis, and marketing execution skills.
They will be a self-starter who can thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment, who is able to effectively balance multiple priorities and is always willing to pitch in to help the team achieve results. They will be a skilled collaborator, able to drive decision-making and accountability in a cross-functional environment through strong influence and leadership skills. They will possess solid communication skills, including the ability to interface across geographies and functions within Biogen as well as with customers. They will have deep experience managing advertising agencies, consulting companies, and other vendors.
Importantly, the successful candidate will put patients first and have a significant respect for science.
- 8+ years of commercial and marketing experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
- Affiliate brand marketing experience highly preferred
- Rare disease or orphan drug/device/diagnostic experience preferred but not required
- Launch experience preferred but not required
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA preferred
Anticipated travel: 20-30% international