$200K — $250K *
Strategy- Works with IQVIA and government leaders to develop strategies to achieve agency outcomes. Works with the IQVIA Strategic Growth Center of Excellence (CoE) team to define and execute strategies for achieving those outcomes. Develop and maintain a thorough and up-to-date understanding of customer mission, their organization, and the political, economic, and technical environment that impacts customer organization and mission. Maintain a current understanding and assessment of the customer needs and priorities and their relationship to IQVIA's capabilities/offerings. Develop and maintain customer strategic analyses.
Customer Engagement - Proactively engages with government health customers on the realization of their mission and program outcomes. Provides customers with insightful, fact-based, unbiased advice on the realization of those outcomes. Builds partnerships within and across federal health agencies, and between government and industry, academia, etc. Proactively and deliberately engages with customers and stakeholders, providing thought leadership to advise and help shape mission goals. Ensure that engagements with customers and stakeholders are planned, coordinated, and communicated appropriately.
Analysis - Applies a thorough understanding of the federal health agencies' organization, mission, and capabilities to identify opportunities, risks, and trends. Brings the analysis of colleagues to bear on needs of prospective and current customers.
Pipeline and Work Integration - Identifies and shapes opportunities in partnership with IQVIA colleagues and industry partners. Accurately forecasts and maintains records of relevant pipelines to include Start Date, Value, Capability Demand, Partner Engagement, overall Period of Performance, and outcome alignment. Ensures opportunities are shaped to closely align with the needs and priorities of customers.
The selected candidate will be accountable for the government health customer value analysis and growth strategy development, updating these analyses regularly to ensure that they are current and accurate.
- Experience working with interdisciplinary teams.
- Experience working in a collaborative, matrixed, environment.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize commitments, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced, time-sensitive, quality-oriented environment.
- Direct experience designing or implementing, or evaluating public health programs, interventions, or policies.
- Experience serving as a trusted advisor to senior leaders within federal health agencies.
- Familiarity with broader government health programs and strategic priorities is also desirable.
- Familiarity with and/or managing government contracts.
- Intellectual curiosity, creativity and a fondness for solving big challenges.
- MPA, MPH, MHA, MBA or similar masters degree from a competitive academic program in a relevant field.
- 5-10 years or more public health or health systems experience including 2 years of leadership experience.
- At least 5 years of experiencesupporting government health agencies and/or related state/local/international programming.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience presenting to and engaging with executive-level audiences.
- Passionate about improving health and wellbeing.
- An ability to develop working relationships within IQVIA across all levels of staff, management and executives to leverage the Corporation's deep experience across a broad set of domains.
- BS and 10 years of related experience.
Valid through: 4/19/2021
$150K — $200K
2 days ago