With a proven track record of data systems quality projects and initiatives within the pharmaceutical industry, the Associate Director GI Data Management and Reporting position is responsible to manage and enhance the GIBU Data and Reporting environments to support the evolving needs of the GIBU Analytics, Insights, Sales and Marketing teams. This includes staying current on trends and new developments in data analytics and creating a roadmap for new data sources and related capabilities, in addition to partnering with Sales, IT and USCO on technical, systems, reporting and data related initiatives. The Data environment is a critical enabler to reduce cycle times for analytical projects, empower advanced targeting methodologies and provide consolidated reporting.
Additional responsibilities include driving improvements in the organization, processes, storage and use of systems and data and implementing data quality initiatives (Roadmap) . Acts as a motivational leader ready to drive results in a team setting. This leader understands key business questions the IBD BI team solves, including how to query and explore the data. ACCOUNTABILITIES
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS: Experience
- Manage the design, development, deployment and maintenance of the GIBU data environment to support analytical, reporting and marketing requirements. This includes partnering effectively across the BI Analytics team with USCO and IT to triage issues and identify areas to expand our technical capacity, with an enterprise lens
- Ensure all processing in IT Data Warehouses and GIBU Data Environments is being performed as expected with coordination with USCO and IT.
- Manage any changes in IT or GIBU Data including prioritization, requirements gathering and implementation.
- Maintain stakeholder engagement and relationships across GIBU functions including analytics and multichannel marketing to proactively support business objectives
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the Sales Leaders, Regional Operations Maangers, along with the USCO pod lead for GIBU
- Partner with USCO and IT to ensure any changes to the Data Warehouse environments and field/commercial reporting are consistent with GIBU business need. This includes the review and approval of any data model changes.
- Partner with IT to ensure that technologies to support the Data or Reporting platform are supported and maintained to ensure availability for end users.
- Works with GI Business Insights senior staff managers to identify internal and external resource requirements and negotiates resources to meet brand team market access needs.
- Bachelor's degree required from an accredited college/university, preferably in Statistics, Business or MIS
- Master's degree is preferred
- 6+ years of experience in Operations / IT and demonstrated experience with Data Analysis, Metadata Management, Data Quality, preferably in Pharma
- 6+ years of experience in Data Management including data architecture, governance, Data Modeling, ETL, Enterprise Data Warehouse and Analytics
- 3+ years of experience with progressive people and project management
- 1+ years of experience in Cloud technologies (e.g. AWS Redshift) is required
- Advanced Excel experience (pivot tables, databases, macros, etc.)
- Proven experience with global Sales and Marketing organizations and experience with pharmaceutical data sources e.g., IQVIA/IMS, SHA/Symphony Health, Patient Services and Specialty Pharmacy data and chart audits are required
- Knowledge of coding techniques in SAS (or R or Python) and VBA, and advanced Excel skills. Comfort with reporting production and automation techniques.
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau, Qlikview or similar preferred
- Pharmaceutical experience
- Exposure to various big data tools and technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Mango stack or similar) for evaluation against business goals, and effective deployment preferred
- Thorough understanding of designing and implementing Data Lake (such as Azure, AWS) and associated services such as ingestion, curing, Self-service, and other internal and external consuming entities
- Understanding of data governance concepts and tools.
- Proven project management skills, able to lead and manage large business change programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with peers and upper level management.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Project, Visio and PowerPoint including Advanced Excel experience (pivot tables, databases, macros, etc.)
- Experience in supporting large scale system implementations.
Lexington, MAWorker Type