Do you want to be part of an exciting team who is changing the way we work across UTC? Our team plays an integral role is delivering solutions for UTC Operations. We have four focal areas; Supply Management, Quality/ACE, Compliance and Smart Factory.
The Associate Director, Digital Technology, Operations will focus on Smart Factory inititives and will be an integral part of delivering on our overall mission. It combines foundational IT knowledge and Operations with new digital technologies to identify common processes and tools that will deliver value to our customers. This individual will work closely with the Director, Digital Thread to drive an Industry 4.0 wholeistic value stream approach.
The Associate Director, Digital Technology, Operations will be a highly motivated and passionate individual with primary responsibility for driving key digital initiatives. They will routinely perform as a cross-functional team member and lead, to define requirements, identify and recommend solutions to complex problems and enhancements. A goal-focused, team player able to manage local and off-shore teams.
This position requires a skilled Digital professional with expertise in business and technical applications who works independently to analyze business system and application needs, determine system capabilities, test and configure systems, analyze system logic, and address functionality issues.
- Lead the UTC Smart Factory team, drive collaboration, identify business and process opportunities.
- Partner with the Digital Thread COE to drive alignment and integration with smart factory inititives and overall Industry 4.0 practices.
- Partner with ACE Office to ensure digital / smart factory concepts are incorporated into ACE Gold and Supplier Gold programs.
- Develop relationinships with key internal and external process experts.
- Lead related one-company digital projects, such as, factory cybersecurity
- Effective Communicator via written, verbal and presentation mediums.
Required experience and skills:
- Experience with integration of manufacturing environments
- Action oriented and results driven with an ability to drive new and innovative solutions in alignment to the organizations / functions strategy.
- Ability to clearly and succinctly communicate with key business partners is critical, including senior executives.
- Successful track record in managing digital technologies for innovation.
- Strong technical background with practical experience in the areas digital technologies and related infrastructures (i.e. cloud, mobility…)
- Deep understanding of digital and operations processes (i.e. Agile…) and collaborative development tools
- Experience with or understanding of business services
- Project management experience with leading medium to large scale projects.
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience and knowledge of IT policies and procedures.
- Experience with ACE continuous improvement methodology desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 10+ years of experience
- Master’s Degree with 7+years ofexperience