Responsible for managing and directing areas within Patient Care Services. Maintains financial stability of the Department and ensures compliance with current national recommendations pertaining to the delivery of patient care.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages and directs all activities of the department by providing leadership and serving as a resource to follow through on issues, evaluates and identifies a plan for problem solving.
- Conducts formal and informal meetings to communicate ongoing goals, objectives, progress and related management information and for collaborative planning to meet the goals of the department.
- Delegates work and authority to nurse directors and monitor/evaluate progress to achieve short/long range goals.
- Meets cost and quality standards by demonstrating creativity in responding to health care trends. Submit proposals. Monitor budget and expenses. Address discrepancies.
- Identifies and reviews budgetary reports and submit statistical data to administration for recordkeeping. Develops a plan for improvement as variances are identified.
- Prepares a range of written reports relating to department, committee and Hospital activities.
- Submits capital budget request items and prioritize list according to immediate needs.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.