Scottsdale, Arizona; -For the right candidate open to Omaha, NE; Chicago, IL, Cheshire, CT, Alpharetta, GA
- Provides leadership to assigned staff by leading organizational change; developing and empowering staff; cultivating relationships; putting staff in a position to succeed, meeting their personal career goals while also achieving organizational goals; building effective teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals; driving engagement and creating a climate where staff are motivated to do their best.
- Consistently drives profitability growth
- Partner with support functions such as Product Developers, Actuarial, Claims, Regulatory, Risk Control, and IT to build and maintain profitable books of business.
- Review and approve pricing models appropriate for various types of commercial and personal insurance lines.
- Establish and monitor lines of authority.
- Represent company to internal and external customers; build and foster beneficial contacts and networks.
- Assess needs and develop training to meet the needs of staff to further enhance and grow the product lines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree plus 10 years of related underwriting experience or equivalent.
- Equivalent experience is defined as 14+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong Underwriting management experience.
- Experience within Brokerage Casualty is a must.
- Experience with property, umbrella, garage and manufacturing would be added plus
- Extensive knowledge of the commercial insurance industry with emphasis on policy development, problem solving, planning, market savvy, financial planning and risk assessment skills.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates high self-awareness—seeks and embraces candid feedback with resiliency.
- Ability to translate vision into concrete business plans and strategies.
- Proven track record of coaching, mentoring and providing career development direction to direct reports.
- Experience driving effective team behaviors to ensure optimal outcomes.
- Ability to look for opportunities to drive change and challenge status quo to improve organization.
- Proven track record of taking appropriate risks and uses failure as a learning opportunity.
- Fosters collaborative environment.
- To qualify, all applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and must not require, now or in the future, VISA sponsorship for employment purposes.