Assistant Vice President Tax - Path to Head of Tax
We are working with a CFO who believes Accounting is a value creator, thought provoker and provider of insight that enables business decision making.
This role will be the #2 Tax role and will be the successor to the Head of Tax.
Yes, Accounting delivers financials accurately and timely reporting day and day out, but that's baseline expectations. Our client is looking for a leader who has a track record of adding value beyond the basics and wants to build the same Tax powerhouse for our client.
Are you ready to work for a leader and team who is forward looking? Not looking in the rear view mirror? I know companies and leaders all say there are progressive, but what are they doing about it? Do actions match the words on the career page or monthly email newsletters?
Is our client perfect? - NO, but this company is on a journey and looking for leaders who have the following to part of their journey - perhaps you?
- Open Minded - No really - are you?
- Proactive - be a 'student of the biz' and bring ideas to the table
- Positive attitude - no drama, side-bar conversations - let's do great work so we can have lots of time to enjoy our lives outside of work. Plus we volunteer 12 days a month...we don't have time for drama.
- Manage conflict - deal with it. It's going to come up - there will be differing opinions. Might as well move beyond quickly.
- Communicate, communicate...and communicate more. Make sure all those that need to know - know.
- Ethics, integrity...just part of who we you are - do the right thing
- Besides the nuts/bolts of Tax you will be the key leader, driver of assessing and providing a vision of where the company needs to go with automation.
- Bring innovative ideas and process improvements to tax and business partners - creating value and driving business decisions from the front is a key goal of the CFO and believe it can be done from Tax.
TaxAccounting & Controls
- All taxaccounting including quarterly and annual calculations of the effective tax rate, reporting of tax reserves and external tax disclosures (Forms 10K, 10Q, etc.). Explains and discusses these items with senior management and the independent auditors.
TaxCompliance: Lead the management and review of the Federal, state income tax returns, estimates.
Tax Policies & Planning
Leading, Developing & Coaching:
- Manage the day to day activities of the taxaccounting team, providing leadership, mentoring, consultation, and goal setting. Viewed as a strong, senior leader, responsible for team development and motivating staff of professionals.
- Team believes in leading by strengths, knowing people as individuals and leveraging talents
If this all sounds too good to be true or somewhere you'd like to work - apply now to confidentially learn more. Nordstrom Talent will be doing exploratory discussions to share more.
- Bachelors in Accounting, Master's Highly Desired
- 15+ YearsExperience
- Public AccountingExperienceRequired - Left as Mgr/Senior Mgr highly desirable
- Guru in ASC 740
- Passion for developing others, setting a vision and proactively partnering with the business
- Outstandingbenefits - from PTO to medical you won't find a betterbenefitpackage. Here are a few examples:Autonomy – you will be given the tools you need and will be empowered to achieve great results
- 8 hours a month for volunteer
- Parental/Elder care
- Upto 8% company 401k contribution
- 75% Tuition reimbursement for Master
- Access to remarkable training courses - technical and soft-skills
- Great base salary plus bonus - growth potential