SitusAMC is seeking an Assistant Vice President for our Residential Mortgage Debt Valuation service line in NYC. This team is part of Situs AMC’s Valuation Advisory & Risk Solutions (“VARS”) business unit, which provides valuation advisory services, risk management and ALM solutions to institutions of all types, across the spectrum of financial instruments and illiquid assets, for financial reporting, transactional, regulatory and risk applications. We currently value up to $100B of loans and up to 9,000 securities each month.
Position Overview :
This Residential Mortgage Valuations Assistant Vice President will work with VARS colleagues to provide valuations to clients, primarily in residential whole loan space, while contributing to the development and maintenance of valuation models and related data systems.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works with colleagues to produce valuation analyses for clients as needed
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of valuation models to align with industry best practices and changing client needs
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of data and reporting systems related to models
- Interfaces with clients and/or colleagues to explain methodologies and resolve valuation issues with a high degree of competency, integrity, and customer service
- Such other activities as may be assigned by your manager
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Minimum 6 years of related experience in mortgage or investment field
- Understanding of mortgage and/or fixed income cash flow and valuation concepts
- Strong technical skills and practical experience with SQL
- Additional skills preferred but not required: Python, Tableau, SSRS, C++, R
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The employee may be required to report to a different local office as a normal, contemplated, and mandated incident of their employment.
- Office environment with frequent computer use
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Hearing, talking, reaching, grasping, standing, and repetitiv