About BNP Paribas: BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific. www.cib.bnpparibas.com Business overview:The Management of BNP Paribas has committed to ensure compliance with AML / Embargo & Sanctions rules within the entire Group. In this context, Group Compliance has decided to have a strong and permanent set-up within the US: Group Financial Security U.S. (“GFS U.S.”).The objectives of this unit include:
- Having the responsibility for the BNP Paribas Group framework in relation to Compliance with US Sanctions;
- Ensuring a legal watch in relation to US Sanctions in liaison with Legal Affairs
- Issuing norms, policies and procedures in relation to Sanctions and applicable across the BNP Paribas Group
- Providing advice on situations linked to US Sanctions across the Group
- Acting as the ultimate level of management of the US Sanctions – related alerts,
- Acting as the sponsor of tools used to filter flows against embargo / sanctions lists
- Risk assessing the Group’s branches & affiliates regarding non-compliance issues through a permanent risk oversight
- Performing on-site controls within BNP Paribas Group to verify that BNP Paribas entities comply with norms issued by GFS-NY.
Responsibilities: The incumbent will be involved in most aspects of interaction with Independent Consultants (ICs) hired on behalf of Regulators and with Representatives of Regulatory bodies including in particular the Federal Reserve Board and the Department of Financial Services of New York. This involvement will include:
- Preparing and planning for the reviews of ICs; including certain aspects of logistics
- Acting as the single point of contact and/or coordinator between GFS US and GFS Paris and the Independent Consultants; in particular providing them with the information and arranging the meetings they require
- Keeping track of all requests of the Independent Consultants and Regulators and monitoring the replies including their adequacy and timeliness.
- Entering all the documents provided to the ICs in a shared Drive to ensure audit trail according to given governance including record retention and safekeeping
- Monitoring the follow up to the recommendations of ICs by the various owners and contributors. This includes:
- helping owners and contributors create and draft action plans for recommendations including providing appropriate feedback to the owners for changes and additions to action plans as necessary prior to obtaining internal validation and ICs’/IG validation.
- chasing updates and deliverables from owners and communicating them to ICs/IG according to a specific governance
- Uploading all necessary documentation into the recommendations tracking system
- interacting with the ICs/IG to request closure of recommendations on the basis of completed action plans including deliverables
- Taking the necessary steps to ensure that recommendations are closed in the Bank’s system
- Prepare presentations (PowerPoint or other) on the progress of ICs’ work and GFS’ and other parties’ work on recommendations
- Centralizing and coordinating the preparation of the Fed/ACPR Quarterly Reports and ensuring they are sent it to the appropriate counterparties.
- Preparing the agendas for the meetings with the US Regulators, follow up with documentation requested by regulators and minutes, in coordination with NY Branch Regulatory area as appropriate.
- Acting as advisor to the Compliance area for the handling of Confidential Supervisory Information topics in coordination with LFS, Americas Region Compliance and Norms and Procedures of GFS US.
The Regulatory Affairs Specialist will report to the Head of GFS Regulatory Affairs. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a Group-wide function in a highly visible position.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree, finance or business/international studies related majors; J.D. degree, master’s degree or ACAMS a plus.
- Good Understanding (verbal and writing) in the French language
- 4+ years’ experience working in the financial industry with knowledge of banking products and services (e.g. Corporate & Investment Banking, International Trade, Private Banking and Retail Banking) and knowledge of Compliance issues, including knowledge of US sanctions and OFAC.
- Use of utmost discretion when handling sensitive and confidential material
- Flexibility to adapt to a new and changing environment
- Strong analytical skills, organization and attention to detail
- Ability to:
- Manage multiple tasks and inquiries at the same time and meet timely deadlines
- Work well with others both internally and externally in a fast paced environment in which extra work is often required from colleagues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including diplomacy given interaction with Regulators
- High ethical standards
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word / Excel / PowerPoint)
- Project Management and/or Business Analysis Experience a plus
- Knowledge of SharePoint a plus.
- Knowledge of BNP Paribas Group activities and organization a plus