The Assistant Vice President will be responsible for maintaining the books and records for various private partnerships and accounts, as well as reporting to clients and the portfolio group.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Preparing and maintaining the books and records of pooled private investment funds organized as limited partnerships and/or separate accounts;
- Accounting for and reconciliation of cash, investments and real property;
- Recording and reconciling of purchase and sale transactions;
- Accounting for complex corporate actions;
- Estimating and posting of monthly closing accruals;
- Calculating of income and expense allocations to each partner, including updating of distribution waterfall based on the terms of the governing documents;
- Determining and preparing distributions and draw-downs; Preparing of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports to clients;
- Analyzing and calculating of performance metrics for partnerships/accounts as well as for each investment;
- Coordinating with funds’ independent auditors, custodians, prime brokers and fund administrators;
- Performing other tasks as required.
- 10 years accounting experience preferably with a mix of big four public accounting and investment management industry experience;
- Strong knowledge of reconciliation and account analysis;
- Excellent understanding of accounting and the ability to apply relevant investment company accounting rules;
- Solid analytical skills and ability to understand and resolve complex problems; and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- The successful candidate must have great organizational skills and be able to handle complicated work efficiently and effectively;
- The candidate must take the initiative to ask questions and detect problems;
- He/ She must be a team player and demonstrate a strong work ethic; and
- The successful candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting. CPA is a plus.