Role Value Proposition: MetLife Investment Management (MIM) leverages its size, scale and deep asset sector relationships to seek attractive, long-term investment opportunities for our institutional customer base. MIM provides investment management services in asset sectors including, but not limited to, corporate private placements, infrastructure debt, real estate equity, commercial mortgage loans, customized index strategies, structured finance, emerging market debt, and high yield.
Our investment methodology is based on a disciplined in-house credit research and underwriting process which leverages the deep expertise of our seasoned investment teams. Institutional investors can have access to MIM’s in-house investment capabilities, including deal originations, asset acquisition, rigorous portfolio monitoring, proprietary risk analytics and risk management. Our expansive global footprint, with strong capabilities in key markets, makes us well positioned to serve our clients’ investment needs.
- Preparation of consolidated monthly financial and business metrics reporting packages for the MIM Executive Committee which includes the annual plan and projection updates
- Financial management of the MIM broker dealer entity (MetLife Investment Securities LLC)
- Financial modeling for strategic decision support for initiatives such as new products & structures, product pricing, strategic transactions and new services
- MIM Embedded Value/VNB reporting and projections including quarterly CIO DBR Dashboard updates
- MIM financial controller responsibilities including oversight of investment management accounting for revenues and expenses and corporate allocations
- Product and distribution profitability reporting, projections and analysis
- MIM AUM reporting for marketing, management reporting and public reporting purposes
- Planning and execution of the creation of a global client billing and collections group including the implementation of the new billing and collections system
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Minimum of 12years or more experience in Investments and/or Finance or comparable industry experience
- Strong Investment Management or Financial Services background in a leadership/management role, experienced with investment advisor management companies and captive broker deals for real estate equity and public and private fixed income products
- 10 or more years’ experience in financial planning, projections and analysis and accounting oversight for investment advisors for intuitional investors
- CPA and/or MBA or comparable degreepreferred
- Strong Communication skills, highly analytical and well organized