WORK HERE. GROW HERE. THRIVE HERE
At Arch, our goal is to provide talented people a foundation where their skills are best used. Our diversified platform means there are a variety of opportunities to deploy your skill sets.
We are seeking a creative and motivated individual to join our Healthcare Professional Liability Underwriting Team. Our suite of Healthcare products, engaged management team and strong capital base have enabled us to establish a prominent presence in the growing Medical Malpractice market. Our Healthcare team embraces the collaboration necessary to innovate in today’s evolving marketplace; encourages participation and diversity of thought; and relies on talented, innovative individuals to set Arch apart from our competitors.
If you have the ability to identify and develop profitable underwriting opportunities, cultivate new and existing distribution channels, and work well with others, we want you on our team. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented with strong analytical skills and excellent communication and presentation abilities. This person should be service oriented with a focus on responsiveness and meeting or exceeding broker’s needs and timelines. We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can efficiently prioritize and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities. This is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated individual with a desire to learn and grown in a collaborative team environment.
- Underwrites and maintains Healthcare Medical Malpractice new business and renewal accounts
- Develops underwriting solutions, determines insurability, calculates appropriate premium, and thoroughly documents files
- Prepare quotations and binds business with a particular emphasis on assessing risk and reaching premium goals as determined by the division head
- Sustains the profitability of our business and meets growth objectives by monitoring submissions received, quote and bind ratios, and renewal retentions
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and credibility with all distribution channels, drive opportunities that meet our underwriting appetite, and effectively communicate underwriting decisions
- Continually develop and share your industry knowledge, understand competitor products and offerings, and the excess and surplus lines market
- Contribute recommendations and support to initiatives focused on improving processes, procedures and practices
- Perform analyses using a range of productivity and analytical tools to analyze historical performance and identify opportunities for improvement
- The preferred candidate will possess a 4-year BA/BS degree, ideally with a major/concentration in Business, Economics or Management
- The preferred candidate will have 5-10 years of underwriting experience with a focus on medical malpractice and umbrella liability coverages for various types of healthcare facilities (long term care, hospitals, surgery centers, clinics, labs, home health care, etc.)
- CPCU, RPLU or other insurance course work recommended
- Experience managing delegated authority programs is plus
- The preferred candidate will possess prior experience managing an underwriting team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with both internal and external constituents.
- Knowledge of Healthcare line of business and Medical Malpractice liability insurance principles.
- Understanding of liability insurance policy wording, terms and conditions.
- Proven history of effectively assessing risk and making sound underwriting decisions.
- Established broker relationships including experience working with both wholesalers and retailers.
- Superior skills in relationship building, active listening, needs analysis, and negotiation.
- Possess strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Strategic thinking and decision-making skills
- Ability to work well in team-based environment
- Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong math or financial skills