About CitiCiti, the leading global bank, has approximately200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range offinancial products and services, including consumerbanking and credit, corporate andinvestmentbanking, securities brokerage, transaction services, andwealth management.Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing thecapital markets on behalf of ourclients.Citi’sMission and Value Propositionexplains what we do andCiti Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Ourmissionis to serve as a trusted partner to ourclients by responsibly providingfinancial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain ourclients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serveclients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this samediversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best peoplewant to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect forothers and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.Financial Accounting Analyst supporting the CitiRetail Services business. Position resides within NA Controller’s organization and will interact withfinance, treasury,auditors and external partners on a regular basis.The Global Function units at Citi includeAudit &Risk Review, Compliance, Control & EmergingRisk, AML, CitiSecurity andInvestigative Services (CSIS), Finance, Strategy, M&A,Investor Relations, Global Public Affairs, Human Resources, Legal,Risk Management, Global Community Development and Microfinance. These functions provide critical support to the Citi business units. Citi, the leading globalfinancial services company, has some200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 100 countries, providing consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range offinancial products and services, including consumerbanking and credit, corporate andinvestmentbanking, securities brokerage, and privatebanking. Additional information may be found atwww.citigroup.com orwww.citi.com.The Financial Accounting Analyst willreport to the Manager for activities supporting CitiRetail Services. This team serves as an advisor on daily settlement, reconciliation,client projects, and control matters. The individual in this role will work closely withothers in the North America Controller’s Organization, private label partners, finance, treasury,internal and externalauditors on matters related tofinancialreporting, USGAAP and IFRS. Specificresponsibilitieswill include items such as:
- Perform periodic close related activities (journals, variance analysis, reporting, etc.)
- Responsible for Account reconciliation review and issue resolution
- Escalation and remediation of issues
- Assists with client projects
- Prepares documentation for internal / external auditor requests
- Preparation of daily settlement and input wires
- Ensure compliance with Citi policies including SOX, COB, and MCA
- Ensure compliance efforts are completed timely and reported accurately
- Represent team on projects (e.g. conversions, analysis, business initiatives, acquisitions, and divestures); and assist with related process development and design as required
- Identify and communicate balance sheetrisk
- Understand accounting systems, processes, and their respective transaction flows
This position must be capable of working in a team environment and pick up items at various levels of completion when needed to benefit the team. The position requires the ability to identify issues and engage to drive resolution.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in general accounting and reconciliation processes. Audit or self-assessment experiences are a plus.
- In depth understanding of technical US GAAP and the ability to apply that knowledge to business transactions
- Financial service industry experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or equivalent graduate degree
- A person of high integrity and unquestionable ethics
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills capable of interacting with staff, peers and senior leadership competently and effectively
- Team player – A dedicated, hands-on financial professional who has the desire and ability to dig in and is driven to get the correct answers regarding complex issues. Works well with others at all levels in the organization. Shares thoughts and challenges ideas appropriately
- Ability to push back – The poise and self-confidence to provide the right answers even if it is different from what the recipient expects or desires
- Results oriented – Personal qualities which include being a results oriented, bright, resourceful, service driven finance professional who is capable of working independently and managing multiple tasks in a time sensitive environment. Executes tasks efficiently.
- Willingness to challenge the status quo in order to enhance productivity, processes and procedures
- Helps to maintain a work environment where all individuals can do their best work, with zero tolerance for ethnic, racial, gender, religious or any other type of bias.
- Ability and desire to assume additional responsibility as needed.
- Have an excellent track record of analyzing, researching and clearing issues
- Advanced PC skills including Microsoft Office programs. Microsoft Access knowledge strongly desired.
- Job ID: 17072064