Description: The EPS AVP manages the support needs of Executive and Professional Risk Solutions (EPS) department on a regional basis. Regularly works directly with Sales Executives, Account Executives, Marketing, Claims and Loss Control as needed. Activities include, but not limited to new and renewal marketing, placement and handling of client insurance programs along with questions and requests. Responsibilities include aiding Sales Executives. Required to perform essential functions and meet service standards and Best Practices developed by USI.
- Understand, utilize and implement the USI EPS “Middle Market and Small Commercial” Segmentation Regional Protocols including marketing, placing and servicing business that falls within those parameters.
- Analyze client accounts for adequacy and appropriateness of D&O, E&O, EPLI coverage, cyber-liability, etc. in conjunction with EPS regional (and national) leadership
- Develop EPS expertise in a particular product area that will complement non-EPS account managers.
- Inform sales and account executives of pertinent information involving account, market, coverage or carrier as needed.
- Prepare submission for the marketing of an account that is being worked at the regional level (public and complex private companies). Prepare and deliver proposals, analysis, policy form comparisons as requested.
- Participate educational EPS training/seminars within the region.
- Respond to underwriters’ questions in a timely and professional manner.
- Participate in sales presentations where specific EPS knowledge and experience are required.
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy in agency management and document management systems.
- Other projects or duties, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal instruction and a high degree of accuracy.
- Sets priorities and manages workflow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Keep informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverages and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the company.
- College degree preferred, but not required.
- Must hold state Property & Casualty insurance license.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Sagitta/Image Right/WorkSmart preferred.
- 3+ years minimum experience in Management/Professional Liability lines of coverage (Directors & Officers, Employment Practices, Professional/E&O, Fiduciary Liability & Crime).